• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheBritishVillain

Petrol & Diesel cars to be BANNED by 2040

8 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

You don't understand America then. We love loud things

Speak for yourself, buddy. 9_9

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

19 minutes ago, TrashPanda45 said:

Everyone who says "America will never give up it's beloved muscle cars!" forget that people used to laugh at the idea of an "Iron Horse", and with current job automation levels rising, and a huge shift into the STEM fields, most people will be quick to understand the benefits of eletric cars.

There's a difference between most people switching to electric cars and banning ICE cars.

this is why Europe is in the shiter, always putting everything on its arms instead of using its influence to make others reduce their pollution (read china)

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

$30,000 vs $150,000

That GTR is way more than 30 grand.  Also, with an EV the upfront cost is high but the lower cost of electricity vs gas makes up for a lot of the difference over the lifetime of the car (or the battery). 

And it's early days, as manufacturing ramps up the price will go down.  Give it 10 years.

1 minute ago, ravenshrike said:

There's a difference between most people switching to electric cars and banning ICE cars.

the pollution because of an entire country changing all cars so fast would probably be worse.

but hey cheaper cars for europe :-)

Just now, ravenshrike said:

Not really, as the shift happens(which it has been in britian, because the Uk's layout favors small electric cars) it becomes less controversial of the government to ban petrol/diesel cars, and then suddenly between the global warming fear, and raising gas prices it becomes favorable to do so. 

The UK government will probably follow this up with MASSIVE subsidies to encourage buying electric cars, and probably by 2060 a buyback program to buy old petrol/disel cars will be out to finish up the switch.

America will happen, just mabye later.

29 minutes ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Soon my pretty...

I didn't know that nitrogen oxide was so corrosive?  How many ppm would it take to achieve this out come do you think?

1 Timothy 1:15

7 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

That GTR is way more than 30 grand.  Also, with an EV the upfront cost is high but the lower cost of electricity vs gas makes up for a lot of the difference over the lifetime of the car (or the battery). 

And it's early days, as manufacturing ramps up the price will go down.  Give it 10 years.

That's not a GTR that's a Mustang GT which can easily be found for $30,000-$35,000. Also electricity would not pay for itself over the life of the car  Ok I am going to give the P100D the best shot at winning this over the Mustang GT. Let's say you completely used Tesla superchargers to charge which is completely free, so fuel costs are zero. Ok now let's see about how much you would spend on fuel over a 100,000 mile lifetime on the Mustang GT. So the GT gets 15 city, 25 highway, so that's 20 mpg combined. So if you take 100,000 miles and divide it by 20mpg, that equals 5,000 gallons of gas to go 100,000 miles. So gas right now is around $2 per gallon. So $2 per gallon times 5,000 gallons of gas equals, $10,000 in fuel costs over the lifetime of the car. So sorry but EVs don't even come close to paying for themselves in gas even compared to a car with absolutely terrible gas mileage.

13 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Hopefully it also includes producing electricity with oil or coal and such as well, otherwise kinda pointless

not really as those giant plants can achieve much higher efficiency and lower emissions because weight and price is not a problem 

First off on the actual subject: gasoline powered cars are not being banned to own or drive, they will just be banned for new car sales. It's going to take a good 10-20 years to get most of the older, gas powered cars off the road after that. 

Personally, I don't think a government body should have to outright ban something to get people to change. I would wager that if manufacturers can get the price of electric cars down to being actually affordable without the compromises they have now people would buy them. You have to remember that most people buy cars purely as appliances, and these people aren't going to care what is powering the car.

Realistically, by the time 2040 comes around most everything is going to be hybrids anyway and EVs are going to be much more common, so the change won't be huge. My personal preference would be to still allow specialty cars to have whatever power source they want, that way we can keep the noise. Even so, just because you can't produce new gas powered cars, doesn't mean the old ones go away.

I also don't know why the US is getting a bad rap here, we are the ones leading the EV charge. And I'm pretty sure it's been established that pure electric cars have the potential to be loads faster than gasoline powered ones.

With all that said: you'll have to pry my V8s from my cold, dead, hands.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Until there is an electric motor that can fit a regular truck that turns out the torque and horsepower of my turbo diesel without taking up valuable bed or cab space, and go 200 miles on around a quarter charge, fuck that.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

This should start to put pressure on the development of faster charging and generally improvements to battery technology which has been mostly stagnant for the past few years. 

54 minutes ago, TrashPanda45 said:

most people will be quick to understand the benefits of eletric cars.

@Max_Settings beat me to it, but precisely how do you think the electricity gets made to power your "green" electric vehicles?  Coal is most commonly used to produce power for a national grid, and thereby you are defeating the whole purpose of "going green".  Now, if you see this as a means to wean off of foreign oil, then there's alternatives to that, as well.  Drill for more oil instead of buying it from others.  I don't believe this will actually take effect.  If it does, then they're being naive and shortsighted.

48 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Also may I note, where are you planing to get all the electricity to power your all electric cars?

54 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

whereas global warming and climate change bear a significant meaning. 

And I presume you have some undeniable proof of this?

Just now, Jito463 said:

No, but I trust the people that are the experts in the field. 

And who's to say the extreme weather we've been having globally isn't because of the overall increase in the temperature of the earth?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

@Max_Settings beat me to it, but precisely how do you think the electricity gets made to power your "green" electric vehicles?  Coal is most commonly used to produce power for a national grid, and thereby you are defeating the whole purpose of "going green".  Now, if you see this as a means to wean off of foreign oil, then there's alternatives to that, as well.  Drill for more oil instead of buying it from others.  I don't believe this will actually take effect.  If it does, then they're being naive and shortsighted.

Thank you. Finally someone who thinks about this environment stuff before just taking popular opinion as fact.

50 minutes ago, Aytex said:

like the BMW i8 you can simulate it with fake noise :D 

i8's have 3 cylinder engines. It's not fake noise, it's exhaust pipe manipulation of the exhaust note.

46 minutes ago, TrashPanda45 said:

Second, how many super car owners "floor it" every chance they really get? 90% of mustangs on the road drive exactly like me and my ford fusion, only they can go a little faster.

The Mustang is FAR from a super car. It's a muscle car, and half of them rock turbo i4's or standard V6 engines.

A super car is something like the Bugattti Veyron, Chiron, Ford GT, which currently, no all electric comes close to matching. The closest is the BMW i8, which is a hybrid that relies on a gas engine to power the electric motor when the going gets moderately tough.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

No, but I trust the people that are the experts in the field. 

And who's to say the extreme weather we've been having globally isn't because of the overall increase in the temperature of the earth?

I guess that would mean that you trust some experts in that field as it's definitely not unanimous.  

CPU: i9 7900X  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex |  GPUs: 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  |  RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200Mhz (CL14)  

Storage: 2 x Samsung 960 Evo NVMe (RAID 0)  |  4 x Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0)  |  PSUEVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2

Cooling: Custom Loop  5 x EK 360mm rads  |  2 x EK D5 PWM pumps  |  EK GPU blocks | Aqua Computer Cuplex Kryos NEXT CPU block

Case: Caselabs Mercury S8 w/ Pedestal

CPU: Threadripper 1950x  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG Zenith Extreme  |  GPU: 3 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  +  2 x EVGA GTX 1080  |  RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200Mhz (CL14)

Storage:  2 x Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (RAID 0)  |  Samsung 840 Evo SSD  | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1200w

Cooling:  Custom Loop  1 x EK XE 480mm / 1 x EK PE 360mm  |  EK D5 PWM pump  |  EK CPU & GPU blocks 

Case: Caselabs Mercury SM8

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

the overall increase in the temperature of the earth?

The overall increase of..... virtually nothing in the last 2 decades?  No one has proven any change in temperature is caused by man, and the lack of gain in temp for decades just further invalidates that claim.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/global-warming-temperature-very-close-zero-over-15-years

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/08/21/the-new-york-times-global-warming-hysteria-ignores-17-years-of-flat-global-temperatures/#6e72e0ea2a4c

This one is very interesting, as it actually shows a decline in the late 1800's before rising again in the early 1900's.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/global-warming-pause-climate-c/18715892

590x429_10111119_global_temperature_anom

1 hour ago, GamingMemeKing said:

amid fears that rising levels of nitrogen oxide pose a major risk to public health.

When I went to London like 10 years ago I had trouble breathing because an insane number of people there smoked. xD 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures

what a load of horse shit  - UK has truly lost their marbles in the tea pot

as of 2015, UK's power grid production was heavily dependent on fossil fuels; and by increasing the electric energy requirements, because that will banning combustion engines will do, they will have to burn more fossil fuels - logic escapes them

Ah yes let's cut out fossil fuel card to lower emissions and ramp up coal mining to make those batteries. The amount of pollution to make a Prius battery is worse then if you drove a F350. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

2 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Yeah, but when i think of Corvette, i just think of this:

All American has got is plastic Corvettes and Mustang. ;P 

Funny. When I think of American cars I think of a Viper from over 7 years ago still being the 10th fastest street legal car around the Nürburgring. I don't know about you, but any real car enthusiast can respect American cars. A Camaro that can beat serious things like the 911 GT2 RS and a Radical SR3 Turbo is a big deal. 

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

Excessive regulation in the name of minuscule results is completely idiotic. If you cared about the world you would try to solve the problem without regulating life out of existence. 

Look at this: http://aqicn.org/map/world/#@g/13.5144/-13.5352/3z Do you really think punishing the people of the cleanest nations is the best thing for Earth?

CPU — i7 6700k - 4.4GHz

GPU — EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - Factory OC

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D14

Motherboard — MSI z170a Gaming m5

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V series - 2133MHz 2(2 x 8GB)

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD 7200rpm

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— Samsung 960 EVO - 250GB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 120mm Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 140mm Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

— 140mm Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G602

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— LED Strip - Phanteks PH-LEDKT - 1 meter

— Mechanical ten key - Cherry MX blue switches

26 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

Funny. When I think of American cars I think of a Viper from over 7 years ago still being the 10th fastest street legal car around the Nürburgring. I don't know about you, but any real car enthusiast can respect American cars. A Camaro that can beat serious things like the 911 GT2 RS and a Radical SR3 Turbo is a big deal. 

Depends in the type of enthusiast. I know someone that doesn't give a single shit about super cars or muscle cars. He only cares about rice cars like thr civic, accord, and Chevy trucks for their reliability (didn't say he was smart).

37 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

The amount of pollution to make a Prius battery is worse then if you drove a F350

In my line of work, a '96 Ram 2500 with a V10 Magnum is more environmentally friendly than trying to use a Smartcar FourTwo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Until there is an electric motor that can fit a regular truck that turns out the torque and horsepower of my turbo diesel without taking up valuable bed or cab space, and go 200 miles on around a quarter charge, fuck that.

Doesn't seem like an impossible task. When there is a demand science will always meet it. So when theres a demand for electric trucks then expect to see them rolling out

Main PC:  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM: Amd R9 Gamer 32gb 2400mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF X Case | Storage: Amd R7 480gb, 2x Crucial M500 240gb, Toshiba 5TB | PSU: Antec True Power Quattro 1200 | CPU: Amd FX-9590 | GPU: Asus Amd Fury X | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: Razer Leviathan | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Display: Dell u3415w | Cooling: Apogee XL, Heatkiller Fury X w/ Back Plate, 720mm Rad