Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheBritishVillain

Petrol & Diesel cars to be BANNED by 2040

Recommended Posts

clickbait title, man you gotta specify when it's just one country buddy. also as long as oil is still the cheaper method to produce power in cars (not to mention all the other crap oil is used to make along the way) it won't go away because environmentalists want it to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

What needs to happen is get the masses away from private, individual transportation and invest more in mass public transportation. I don't even think private or individual robot cars will solve much problems. If you want to drive a car, you can. But the tests and regulations of ownership need to be stricter (I like how Japan does things).

 

Get more vehicles off the road. Changing their power plant doesn't really solve much in my eyes.

I don't think this can EVER happen in america without teleportation or something as drastic as that. It's incredibly hard to do ANYTHING in rural america without a car, let alone go to visit other states. The car will always have a home in america, but I think the car as we know it is going to have to change drastically and soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

All car manufacturers use plastic in some form.

Yeah, but when i think of Corvette, i just think of this:

xD

 


CPU: De-lidded i7 8086K @ OC 5.1 GHz

CPU Fan: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid Cooler

GPU: RTX 2080 Ti Zotac Gaming AMP Edition

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED / RGB 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MHz

Storage (OS): Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVMe SSD

Storage (Games): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

Storage (Other): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD

PSU: Corsair HX850i (Platinum)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F ATX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Gunmetal

Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG258Q

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TrashPanda45 said:

There's already tons of high class european brands switching to electric because the saw it as the future, well before this news. Things like the Mclaren p1, bugatti veyron, and porche spyder show that electric is EASILY as strong of a competetiro as ye olde' v12.

Veyron has no electric at all. P1 and 918 are all hybrids and just use electric motors to get off the line. Then a good old gas guzzling V8 takes over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TrashPanda45 said:

I don't think this can EVER happen in america without teleportation or something as drastic as that. It's incredibly hard to do ANYTHING in rural america without a car, let alone go to visit other states. The car will always have a home in america, but I think the car as we know it is going to have to change drastically and soon.

The population that's considered "rural" only accounts for about 19.3% of the entire population of the US (https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2016/cb16-210.html)

 

Getting a majority of that remaining 80.7%off the road would be a huge improvement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I don't care what you say, fixing this supposed global warming is not worth giving up this sound.

 

like the BMW i8 you can simulate it with fake noise :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TrashPanda45 said:

They do exist, just unofficially.

 

'Replicas.'

 

However, you never know - Lamborghini may actually start designing electric cars :)


CPU: De-lidded i7 8086K @ OC 5.1 GHz

CPU Fan: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid Cooler

GPU: RTX 2080 Ti Zotac Gaming AMP Edition

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED / RGB 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MHz

Storage (OS): Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVMe SSD

Storage (Games): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

Storage (Other): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD

PSU: Corsair HX850i (Platinum)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F ATX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Gunmetal

Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG258Q

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max_Settings said:

Veyron has no electric at all. P1 and 918 are all hybrids and just use electric motors to get off the line. Then a gold old gas guzzling V8 takes over.

Oops mistake on the veyront here,

 

As far as race cars are concerned yes, it's hard to keep a cars battery charged whilst doing 200mph or more. However in city use they both have (albeit smaller, though If I remember both brands mentioned working on battery tech) purely eletric modes, and that's what this is about. Not the race track, the city.

 

The Rimac concept one is a good example as well, it's ALL electric, and the new dendrobium car is looking pretty cool as an electric hypercar as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aytex said:

like the BMW i8 you can simulate it with fake noise :D 

As @Max_Settings Mentioned(me and my boss had this convo about the new electric harley as well and it was similiar), most people who enjoy "MUSCLE CARS" hate the idea of simulated noises. I think it's rubbish, why do we need to burst our ear drums to enjoy cars? Getting off on noise pollution just makes no sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TrashPanda45 said:

Oops mistake on the veyront here,

 

As far as race cars are concerned yes, it's hard to keep a cars battery charged whilst doing 200mph or more. However in city use they both have (albeit smaller, though If I remember both brands mentioned working on battery tech) purely eletric modes, and that's what this is about. Not the race track, the city.

 

The Rimac concept one is a good example as well, it's ALL electric, and the new dendrobium car is looking pretty cool as an electric hypercar as well.

Electric super cars will never work because that 210 mile range is only if you go easy. Everyone knows that in a super car you floor it every opportunity you get, then your battery goes to nothing and you got to wait hours for a charge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrashPanda45 said:

As @Max_Settings Mentioned(me and my boss had this convo about the new electric harley as well and it was similiar), most people who enjoy "MUSCLE CARS" hate the idea of simulated noises. I think it's rubbish, why do we need to burst our ear drums to enjoy cars? Getting off on noise pollution just makes no sense.

You don't understand America then. We love loud things

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max_Settings said:

Everyone knows that in a super car you floor it every opportunity you get, then your battery goes to nothing and you got to wait hours for a charge.

I want to believe you're being sarcastic, but if you really do this on public roads, you need to have your car towed and your license permanently revoked or degraded to only being allowed to drive Smart Four Twos or the original Mini.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Chaos said:

What's the point of all that noise if electrics are already starting to spank gas guzzlers

 

 

I would hope the Tesla is faster. $30,000 vs $150,000. Only way you get that kind of speed out of electric is by spending tons of money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max_Settings said:

Electric super cars will never work because that 210 mile range is only if you go easy. Everyone knows that in a super car you floor it every opportunity you get, then your battery goes to nothing and you got to wait hours for a charge.


First off battery tech is RAPIDLY evolving, to say "never work" is horribly ignorant of the future. Second, how many super car owners "floor it" every chance they really get? 90% of mustangs on the road drive exactly like me and my ford fusion, only they can go a little faster.

 

As far as your reply on noise, I'm american and as someone living in the city, I hate stupid noise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

I want to believe you're being sarcastic, but if you really do this on public roads, you need to have your car towed and your license permanently revoked or degraded to only being allowed to drive Smart Four Twos or the original Mini.

I don't have a super car. When I mean floor it, I mean from like stop lights and stuff. The fun of a super car is getting to the speed limit quickly, not actually speeding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrashPanda45 said:


First off battery tech is RAPIDLY evolving, to say "never work" is horribly ignorant of the future. Second, how many super car owners "floor it" every chance they really get? 90% of mustangs on the road drive exactly like me and my ford fusion, only they can go a little faster.

 

As far as your reply on noise, I'm american and as someone living in the city, I hate stupid noise.

Mustang isn't a super car man. Only reason I thought you weren't American is because you used the word "rubbish" no one in America says that. Super British word.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I mean or just get rid of migrants from [redacted for CS compliance] would be a better focus of attention.

Yup couldnt agree with you more on that part. In USA, Canada and UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×