Do premium fans make a difference?

I do not care about silence. It can be as loud as it wants. Do premium fans significantly cool better?

2 minutes ago, x697 said:

I do not care about silence. It can be as loud as it wants. Do premium fans significantly cool better?

They can depending on the application but the difference usually is marginal 

Depends, if you are talking about static pressure optimised fans and are comparing a $5 fan to a $30 fan then yes. But if you already have some decent fans from a reputable brand, then I wouldn't call it "significant" upgrade. Most of the difference is noticed at max RPM anyway, but yeah. You ll like the Industrial edition Noctuas if you like loud :)

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Thanks for the response.

for example if I bought the Rosewill 4 pack for 15 bucks compared to a 2 pack of noctua industrial which would be better?

3 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

You ll like the Industrial edition Noctuas if you like loud

nah, gotta get some deltas in there, maximum airflow for maximum cool, never mind your ears bleeding, it's fine

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

So, 2 delta fans at 252 CFM or 4 rosewill fans at 37 CFM around the case or 2 noctua industrials at 3000 max rpm?

13 hours ago, x697 said:

So, 2 delta fans at 252 CFM or 4 rosewill fans at 37 CFM around the case or 2 noctua industrials at 3000 max rpm?

If noise isn't issue, just use what you got. Performance cap between lower end and higher end isn't that big that it would become issue over other parts in cooling system.

People suggesting Delta or iPPC are partly joking because those fans are meant to servers and other systems where amount of air moved is critical over the noise made. on desktop PC case you won't see much difference between basic fan and high performance one. Unless you are using them as direct cooling fans for rads or heatsinks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

not really worth it for the performance but for reliability yes. You can go with double ball bearings for example and the best way to improve cooling performance with fans isnt much to do with the fans you use, but the air flow you have set out. This means controlling the air flow such as with the case, where the holes are, etc.

In my modification of my router i could switch to quieter fans by adding tape over the gaps as it uses a tunnel like air flow to cool down the CPU.

Premium fans offer three advantages over non-premium. Sound levels, performance, and longevity. For case fans outside of certain airflow restricted cases the performance differences aren't that large. In airflow restricted metrics the difference does become significant. You apparently don't care about sound. That leaves longevity which ranges from 25,000 hours to 150,000 hours.