Sleeving & Cable making experiments (braiding and new materials)

Hi guys, long time Linus fan here but new in the forum.

I'm a sleever and cable maker from Italy, today I'd like to share with you some of my most interesting and unique works :) 
I've had a sweet spot for custom cables ever since I became a PC enthusiast, and lately I've been experimenting with braids, new materials, cable illumination, and a lot of other fancy things.

Cable making today is kind of a dying sector of modding for a lot of reasons and I'm quite sad about it. I hope to inspire other people into getting to try it!

Opinions and critics are very appreciated ;) 

Silver cables: only electrical cable - no sleeving. The cable is silver-plated copper with transparent teflon insulation, really high quality stuff that is usually used in aerospace applications.

It reflects and refracts light like no other and it's truly wonderful in a well-lighted and/or RGB build: the more light you give around it, the more it starts looking like illuminated optical fiber.

teqDvn9l.jpg

kaH91wSl.jpg

mEuJbnNl.jpg

enuwPyKl.jpg

Braided cables: after trying my hand with a really complex prototype that was looking wonderful but wasn't able to finish completely (inspired by the Crysis nanosuit), I went on doing more simple braidings.
However there's still much more to be experimented in this area! Would really love to see what other people come up with ;) 

DF3wx8ql.jpg

49sOU04l.jpg

UkQ1DXKl.jpg

S1MlLj3l.jpg

6Czu3azl.jpg

Wasn't too sold on the braiding until I saw the red and black 24 pin at the end. That looks cool as heck. :P

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Those silver cables are really cool. Braided ones are well done too and look very nice.

ThinkPad masterrace

Me thinkpads:

X220, R30, T24, TransNote

With braiding it's pretty much just the beginning. In the end, it gives you an extra dimension of customizability. You can do much more crazy stuff with it, but of course it's not easy to make it look nice ;)