Upgrading my hardware

Hey guys. I recently upgraded my graphic card from GTX 780 to a 1080 TI and now i'm thinking about improving my CPU.

Currently i'm using a Asus Sabertooth Z87 motherboard with a i7 4770k CPU @ 3.5 ghz and 16 gig of ram.

I'm planning to use this computer for video editing, graphic rendering, streaming and gaming so I've been looking into the Ryzen 7 1700 CPU along with the Prime x370 pro motherboard and two 8gb 3200 RAM.

I can't say I always know what i'm talking about when it comes to hardware so i'm interested in hearing what you guys think about this and my choice of hardware. Am I throwing my money away for a change and upgrade I'll barely notice or does this seem like a good decision?

Not going to buy anything until the threadripper has been released so I can look at all options but in the meanwhile i'm looking at potential upgrades.

Thanks in advance for any help.

what is the main usage of PC? gaming, vid edit/render, game streaming? video resolution and refresh?

i cant see that a replacement $600USD will gain you the value over what you have now. but it will matter to what your main intentions are.

Right now your rig is fine all you need to do is do what your doing 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Find out where your bottleneck is first, if any.  Wait for Threadripper as you mentioned, see what your options are then.

18 minutes ago, airdeano said:

what is the main usage of PC? gaming, vid edit/render, game streaming? video resolution and refresh?

i cant see that a replacement $600USD will gain you the value over what you have now. but it will matter to what your main intentions are.

All in all, I will be playing games, recording and streaming along with alot of graphic rendering and editing. 

Currently i'm running at 3440x1440 100hz g-sync.

But as you and others say, it seems to be a small gain for the money spent.

1 hour ago, Captain Nivek said:

All in all, I will be playing games, recording and streaming along with alot of graphic rendering and editing. 

Currently i'm running at 3440x1440 100hz g-sync.

But as you and others say, it seems to be a small gain for the money spent.

Ryzen 7 will give you major improvement in streaming and recording.