Dear 'Ol Linus' (I know I'm not the first)

Dear Linus,

I'm not the first to post this kind of message, which in all likelihood you'll never even know existed (I've never received a reply or acknowledgement from any actual heartfelt...post...to any person/channel/company/conglomerate and I'm not deluded, the chances of this reaching you yourself are equal to lottery ((even better 'like these 14 things and bend over' competition)) odds.

Big fan.

Again, not delusional, 1M+ views these days is fan-McEffing-tastic and I'm glad the business is looking likely to succeed.

BUT (hate it, some actor said "Everything that precedes the word 'but' is horseshit")

I don't even watch your content anymore as you've adopted the face reddening trend of making every clip title a crumby click bait title.  I KNOW it's probably working in favour (favor) of hits/views/revenue, but I'm guessing (Ye) 'Ol Linus' promised to avoid that when it all beganified.  So please, if it's not too financially damaging, go back to titles that just explain the content - rather than saying something like 'WE'VE BEEN GIVEN FIRST PREVIEW OF SOMETHING BEFORE ANYONE ELSE AS USUAL, BUT IS IT ANY GOOD...OR MAYBE IT'S PANTS FOR THE MONEY???!?!?!!?!?!!?!?  WHEN IT OBVIOUSLY IS EITHER GOOD OR PANTS.....' 

The view from my tower is SPECTACULAR, but I am given no choice to say....you're better than that.

Secondly, you having helped build my own baby over the years through advice and such, I personally think your next S.C Wars theme should be, how much/well/efficiently can you upgrade a LAPTOP for gaming...I'm after a new laptop so of course it's self indulgent, but hey, content bebay. B|

Yours undoubtedlyunknowingly,

Joseph

PS. I'v asked you for a job like 5 times already, don't MAKE me ask another 200-300 times...speaking of which, how's your firewall? :ph34r:

PPS. THAT'S NOT A THREAT AND I'M NOT A HACKER.  WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAYS WHEN YOU COULD TELL A JOKE.

People who call the videos click-bait have never seen real click-bait.  Something that piques your interest is not click-bait.  A fancy thumbnail is not click-bait.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, Yo_Smith said:

PS. I'v asked you for a job like 5 times already, don't MAKE me ask another 200-300 times...speaking of which

Umm im pretty sure Linus don't own you a job. May i ask what the job you are applying for? 

Magical Pineapples

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

People who call the videos clickbait have never seen real clickbait.

That's very true. (GONE WRONG) (2017) (GONE SEXUAL)

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

They've addressed the topic of their titles and thumbnails several times now, if youtube gives goofy names and thumbnails special preference LTT will use that system however they feel they need to

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

Umm im pretty sure Linus don't own you a job. May i ask what the job you are applying for? 

Come on dude, it's a joke.

1 minute ago, Kherm said:

That's very true. (GONE WRONG) (2017) (GONE SEXUAL)

I should make an article about what makes click-bait, and put "Reason 7 will shock you!" in the title.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

One of my favorite news channels uses clickbaity titles (Not full Clickbait but close), but it is also the very first story he talks about in those videos soooo I can't hold it against him because he gets it out of the way first and if they stay then they stay if not then whatever they got what they wanted.

Linus only ever talks about the thing in his title and his sponsors so does it really matter if the titles are clickbait-like or not? After all he pretty much is giving the users what they want basically right away anyway.

2 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

They've addressed the topic of their titles and thumbnails several times now, if youtube gives goofy names and thumbnails special preference LTT will use that system however they feel they need to

Glad to hear it.  Without you I wouldn't have known though, as I've been turned off LLT for the last few months or so :( 

Starting to sense a can of worms opened kinda vibe here now though

2 minutes ago, Maxpphire said:

One of my favorite news channels uses clickbaity titles (Not full Clickbait but close), but it is also the very first story he talks about in those videos soooo I can't hold it against him because he gets it out of the way first and if they stay then they stay if not then whatever they got what they wanted.

Linus only ever talks about the thing in his title and his sponsors so does it really matter if the titles are clickbait-like or not? After all he pretty much is giving the users what they want basically right away anyway.

Maxpphire - I almost feel bad for posting in the first place.  As I mentioned, they're obviously going to do what it takes to succeed, that I can't hold against them.  With LLT in particular I'm glad they're effectively one of the top credible tech channels and would HATE to see them dwindle.  It's more of a 'wish this could happen' knowing full well it can't.  #humans #life #theuniverse #the universeandlinus #iknowthisishowbusinessworksidonthatelinuseveryonejeezchillout #harshtag

1 minute ago, Yo_Smith said:

With LLT in particular I'm glad they're effectively one of the top credible tech channels and would HATE to see them dwindle.

19 minutes ago, Yo_Smith said:

I don't even watch your content anymore

If you don't want them to dwindle then why stop watching them?

It's not really clickbait if he is giving you the content the title of the video implies he is gonna give you. I don't really see the issue you're making is my point considering how he still gives you the info you want and pretty much right away.

15 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Thanks Billy

Should I be scared now though?...are the Canadian Tech Mafia now tracing my IP and shiz?!?! :/

21 hours ago, Maxpphire said:

If you don't want them to dwindle then why stop watching them?

It's not really clickbait if he is giving you the content the title of the video implies he is gonna give you. I don't really see the issue you're making is my point considering how he still gives you the info you want and pretty much right away.

It's the title that makes me wince.  I'm just another guy, in another place, who's complaining, on a platform, provided by the fantastic people who gave me hours of enjoyment in the past, because I can...;)

Taboola is clickbait, I know. I work with them and they suck.

LTT just needs better quality content imo. Slipping and sliding since 2014.

Delid 8600K @ 5GHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming G1 | Phantex Enthoo Pro M SE | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX100 256GB | 3TB Toshiba P300 | Corsair AX750 Custom Sleeved | Dell U2515H | Custom Hardline Tubing: EK Supremacy + 240 Coolstream PE + DDC 3.1 Pump Res Combo/Extended Res/Meyhems Pastel White | Corsair K95 Platinum | Corsair M65 RGB | Bose Speakers + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro + AKG K240 MkII + Shure 840 | W10 Pro | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/socom_hero/saved/#view=NF74CJ

I'm being misconstrued I think.  Example (first posts v last):

L1.JPG

L2.JPG

Just now, Yo_Smith said:

I'm being misconstrued I think.  Example (first posts v last):

L1.JPG

L2.JPG

Originally, titles just said - this is what the video is about

Now - LOOK LOOK LOOK 

6 minutes ago, Yo_Smith said:

Originally, titles just said - this is what the video is about

Now - LOOK LOOK LOOK 

The only click-baity thing there is the "This $7000 card does WHAT?? Holy $HIT".

All the old video thumbnails look boring.

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The only click-baity thing there is the "This $7000 card does WHAT?? Holy $HIT".

All the old video thumbnails look boring.

i see what guy means

he wants to see product name in vid title

what if LTT would add --product name ,,, at end of the titles???

7000 dollar card does what??? holy s*it!!!  --rocket pci card

1 minute ago, bcguru9384 said:

i see what guy means

he wants to see product name in vid title

what if LTT would add --product name ,,, at end of the titles???

7000 dollar card does what??? holy s*it!!!  --rocket pci card

I suppose it would genuinely take the edge off...

Other than that I think I'm preaching to the choir :( 

1 minute ago, Yo_Smith said:

I suppose it would genuinely take the edge off...

Other than that I think I'm preaching to the choir :( 

i think it would help with word of mouth sharing of their content

as in few months from now i wont remember title but will remember red rocket

so if vid title had red or rocket or even pcicard(just card) i will be able find faster

38 minutes ago, Yo_Smith said:

Thanks Billy

Should I be scared now though?...are the Canadian Tech Mafia now tracing my IP and shiz?!?! :/

No they aren't no one on this site I presume won't track someone down

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500