Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sin Stalker

Which Asus board is better and which is better per dollar

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Here are the two boards.

 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132988

 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132989&ignorebbr=1

 

So I like the design of the x370. So it wins the aesthetics. I doubt I'll be running anything in SLI, unless VR starts taking advantage of it.

 

So are there any other benefits besides being able to run SLI?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally no point getting SLI board unless you know you going to go SLI straight up. 99% is better running one powerful card and motherboard don't affect performance. 


Magical Pineapples


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

Personally no point getting SLI board unless you know you going to go SLI straight up. 99% is better running one powerful card and motherboard don't affect performance. 

Are there any other benefits to that board besides SLI?? That's my question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Personally no point getting SLI board unless you know you going to go SLI straight up. 99% is better running one powerful card and motherboard don't affect performance. 

what are your hidden contents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sin Stalker said:

Are there any other benefits to that board besides SLI?? That's my question.

More sata port? really up to your needs. 

 

16 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

what are your hidden contents.

Its hidden for an reason. 


Magical Pineapples


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

More sata port? really up to your needs. 

Oh, thanks! Cause I didn't examine my needs before asking....

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sin Stalker said:

Oh, thanks! Cause I didn't examine my needs before asking....

why is ur name sin stalker

 

thats messed up

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sin Stalker said:

Here are the two boards.

 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132988

 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132989&ignorebbr=1

 

So I like the design of the x370. So it wins the aesthetics. I doubt I'll be running anything in SLI, unless VR starts taking advantage of it.

 

So are there any other benefits besides being able to run SLI?

What is your CPU? If ryzen5 then b350, if ryzen7 then x370. Im just matching the price range, its like if you have an expensive cpu, why cheap out your motherboard, unless you have limited budget.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, NoMercy said:

What is your CPU? If ryzen5 then b350, if ryzen7 then x370. Im just matching the price range, its like if you have an expensive cpu, why cheap out your motherboard, unless you have limited budget.

Debating between the 1600x and 1700 right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sin Stalker said:

Debating between the 1600x and 1700 right now.

Down to your budget again, and the purpose of your rig. This would be another topic xD.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to consider other things such as the number of usb ports, sata ports, nvme support,ram speed support, etc.
Performance wise, both boards are the same. In the end, it all comes down to aesthetics and features.

If you can afford the  x370 board then go ahead, you do not need to SLI, but it is nice to have the option just in case.


Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×