I need some studio monitor headphones

Jamie_Taylor_4200
Go to solution Solved by 3 Minute Reviewer,
10 hours ago, Vigilante505 said:

I think the Sennheiser 6xx headphones are still on sale through Massdrop. Get those.

Those are good headphones but not really monitors. The slightly veiled highs keep them from being monitors and rather are just great headphones for listening to music.

10 hours ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

Hello I make music and i need some studio monitors please could you guys recommend some that are good (IDK how much they cost)

A lot of people consider the AT m40x as a good entry point for studio monitor headphones - usually under $100, good build quality and relatively comfortable.

Hello I make music and i need some studio monitors please could you guys recommend some that are good (IDK how much they cost)

I think the Sennheiser 6xx headphones are still on sale through Massdrop. Get those.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

10 hours ago, Vigilante505 said:

Those are good headphones but not really monitors. The slightly veiled highs keep them from being monitors and rather are just great headphones for listening to music.

10 hours ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

A lot of people consider the AT m40x as a good entry point for studio monitor headphones - usually under $100, good build quality and relatively comfortable.

8 hours ago, kmathieu2220 said:

i wouldn't say veiled, but not good for studio monitors. They are warm, lots of mid bass.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

8 hours ago, kmathieu2220 said:

The slightly veiled highs

Have you actually heard the HD 650?

9 hours ago, kmathieu2220 said:

Thanks

On 7/25/2017 at 5:47 PM, kmathieu2220 said:

slightly veiled highs

oh my god not this again

They're overdamped which is a problem that can be alleviated with mods. If they're "veiled", your system sucks or has treble roll-off. Don't blame it on the headphone. 

22 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

oh my god not this again

They're overdamped which is a problem that can be alleviated with mods. If they're "veiled", your system sucks or has treble roll-off. Don't blame it on the headphone. 

People are awfully touchy about my choice of the word veiled - sorry aboot that one. (Genuine question) What is considered to be the difference between "overdamped" and "veiled" seem to describe the same type of sound IMO unless they actually have specific meanings that I am overlooking.

1 hour ago, kmathieu2220 said:

People are awfully touchy about my choice of the word veiled - sorry aboot that one. (Genuine question) What is considered to be the difference between "overdamped" and "veiled" seem to describe the same type of sound IMO unless they actually have specific meanings that I am overlooking.

This is what, 2017 now? The HD 650 has definitely undergone some silent revisions over the decades and cannot be called veiled at this point. I came from the DT 880 treble cannon and HE-560 desert sun upper mids and there is no veil to my ears. As @seduce_me mentioned, any slight overdamping can be compensated with mods or careful amp selection.

On 7/25/2017 at 3:47 AM, kmathieu2220 said:

Thanks I have no idea what I'm talking about. :D

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q