Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?

Hello!

First post, and wanted to bring up something I have been wondering about ever since I began getting deeper into the PC ecosystem, and that is, Why are Apple hated so much as a company, and their products crucified even though despite the price they are reasonably good devices.

Personally, I went from a PS2 + Windows XP user, then migrated very very happily toward Xbox 360 + Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard and now have built my own PC and run Windows 8, and Hackintosh'ed OS 10.9 Mavericks, and use that PC for gaming as well as work when on OS X.

Please no major PC fanboyism, I have no bias towards either of them, I use both 50/50, but I do value the ecosystem Apple has created, I just use Windows 8 for more application support and gaming, until Steam OS comes around! :)

Cheers.

[My user image is my youtube image, and matches my name of which I picked a long time ago, I dont mean it to look so biased.]

maybe you should do a poll about it.

Apple computer is still a PC

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Welcome! I think people dislike Apple because you cant play around with settings and is not as open. I have listened to many rants on why apple sucks and at the end of the rants it comes back to that. I like apple stuff still. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

i don't get it either, i think their products are beautifully made (that new mac pro made me drool a bit) but its probably the "hipster" image that makes it uncool for some reason, sure you can get more performance for cheaper especially if you build your own pc, but if you dont mind paying more then theres no reason to not get it when it can run windows alongside osx, because then you have that option if you ever have software on osx you wanna use.

your guess is as good as mine

They make decent products.

They suck balls as a company. Calling things innovation, while they didn't invent anything (except the iPod, perhaps). Then suing everyone and their dog about anything and everything. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

People hate how much they cost, how they can't play a lot of games, and the operating system can be a little confusing to navigate at first glance. Honestly I think most of them just kinda hopped on the 'mac sux lel' bandwagon. I don't use them, but people can purchase their own products. I won't ever recommend one for like gaming or something though, only because you limit your choices of games due to the operating system.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I personally prefer Apple products over the Windows / Android alternatives, but that's just me. I remember back in elementary school when, after 3 years of using Windows 98 PCs, my 4th grade teacher had one of the egg-shaped iMacs. It was like the holy grail. Ever since then, I've just preferred their ecosystem, and I don't mind the 'restrictions'- it just allows for a more consistent and usable experience.

Don't get me wrong, I game on a PC, but I much prefer OS X over Windows 8.1- although sometimes it is nice to use Snap and such.

I guess its because I have such an OCD when it comes to design, and Apple's products just speak to me in that sense. Everything just seems meticulously crafted.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Noah

Well, I am not sure I want to go into this.

1. Locked down OS.

2. Hasn't "innovated" since the original iPhone.

3. Steals others ideas, markets as own.

4. Makes the biggest case for cutting down on child labor while still doing it themselves.

5. Overpriced.

6. Underpowered.

7. Proprietary.

8. Other pointless arguments.

I myself am a fan of Apple's computers. That's about it. Android as a mobile OS is far superior in my eyes, though I personally use an iPhone 5 (don't mind it, but it's not my cup of tea and I think I want a Galaxy Note 3) I hackintoshed as well (Welcome to the club :P) and I am loving it. I just need to get the USB Audio Card and I'm good. Also, maybe I can get the hard drive kit for my Mac Mini and it can be used then as an HTPC.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I personally don't hate Apple as a whole, what really gets me is their pricing. $1200 for a sub-par laptop with integrated graphics and an i3? No thank you. $3,000 for a desktop with a Radeon 5XXX series GPU and a LGA 1366 CPU? Nope. I actually really like most of Apple's products from the OS X Tiger era. I feel like most had a great value for what you got, now it's just through the roof. I also don't think that their phones are well-priced. $750 so I can have a fingerprint scanner when I could get a much better experience for less than half the cost (Nexus 5)?

Spoiler

Some say the hatred is for selling overpriced products or because of the people who buy the products etc etc.  I will let you in on a little secret... The real reason is because Apple acts like a big jerk. To consumers and every business on the planet.

Thread closed from here on out.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

They make decent products.

They suck balls as a company. Calling things innovation, while they didn't invent anything (except the iPod, perhaps). Then suing everyone and their dog about anything and everything. 

Was just about to say that. They have a deceptive way of marketing everything and it is pretty dastardly, making everyone want their products because they're so amazing. I hate the manipulation, but I know it isn't just Apple.

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

how they can't play a lot of games, and the operating system can be a little confusing to navigate at first glance. Honestly I think most of them just kinda hopped on the 'mac sux lel' bandwagon. 

Yeah I think that's probably most peoples issue, as gamers peoples main cry out is the fact they cant play games with the inability to view the possibility some people don't use computers just for gaming.

But yeah when first starting to use the OS X operating system it does look very foreign, but if you enable right-click in system preferences, and adjust to the 'lingo' like 'System Prefrences' instead of 'Control Panel' but I think its just a matter of relearning for a few days. 

Thanks for replying! :)

Yeah, ^ PC means Personal Computers, therefore mac's are PC's.

Yeah sorry, I'm usually pretty good at that stuff, but I meant in the context of Windows VS OS X.

Yeah I think that's probably most peoples issue, as gamers peoples main cry out is the fact they cant play games with the inability to view the possibility some people don't use computers just for gaming.

But yeah when first starting to use the OS X operating system it does look very foreign, but if you enable right-click in system preferences, and adjust to the 'lingo' like 'System Prefrences' instead of 'Control Panel' but I think its just a matter of relearning for a few days. 

Thanks for replying! :)

Oh jeez I totally forgot! Welcome to the forum! ;)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Owning a Ipod Nano and 2 ITouches that both seem wear out really fast. IE home buttone and lock button breaking

How many of these threads does there have to be...

About the same number of $100 bills in Apples off shore accounts. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

i don't get it either, i think their products are beautifully made (that new mac pro made me drool a bit)

Who Knows? Personally I use my Macbook over an Asus laptop because the Unibody is amazing to feel and the OS as I have become acustom to it is just prettier, I think.. I'm a sucker for beauty over function.

Oh I just remebered why I dislike Apple with some hatred.

For putting patents on everything they find first, good thing they didn't breath before us or I couldn't afford a legal life.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Don't get me wrong, I game on a PC, but I much prefer OS X over Windows 8.1- although sometimes it is nice to use Snap and such.

I guess its because I have such an OCD when it comes to design, and Apple's products just speak to me in that sense. Everything just seems meticulously crafted.

Fair enough! Thats my view too, I love the beauty, and the OS's prettyness, is just a bonus. But I use Windows 8 for gaming, and video trans/encoding.

I Love apple, still do. And will get a mac someday once I get tired of gaming/grow up and end up buying a xbox one. But it will always be pc gaming master race

post-20595-0-54824900-1385606533.jpg

Lil Chillbil's powermac editing setup. Summer 2011 aka the best summer of my life 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I cringe when news headlines praise Apple for being original and innovative.  Yes they are a good company, and yes, I do enjoy the iphone (that has stayed the same for like 4 years).  But they market the same thing each year, with maybe one new feature and one new cliche slogan.  They mastered the phone OS, but didn't care to change it or make it better.  

Contrary to the first complaint, the one thing that Apple does perfectly is build quality.  They continue to impress me with their clean edges and sleek form factor.  But, like the OS's, my opinion is tainted by other things.  While the OS's issue was repetitiveness, the build quality issue is the constant articles I come across about child labor and poor factory conditions in Asia, where much of the products are produced.  Oh yea, and the whole stealing ideas debate too.  And the stupid, high budget movie praising Steve Jobs.

Please no major PC fanboyism

...PC means Personal Computer. By the definition of PCs, Macs are PCs. (ironic since the place-holder gif is about them being seperate until I make one from a bit from the last WAN show.)

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).