Microchipped Employees

MadModder

This frightens me. I can see what's coming next. "Government now requires all citizens to be microchipped. This will include health monitoring, and GPS so that responders will know if your having a health crisis, and be able to locate you in case of emergency. It's for your own safety. Etc, etc, etc."  And so the nightmare begins.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/company-to-install-microchips-in-employees/ar-AAoJT1s?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

I see literally no issue with this at all.

Slippery slope fallacy should be ignored the overwhelming majority of the time, it can be used in every single situation to try and make completely nonsensical points. Just like the following. 

>Government creates laws that require people to have a license to operate a motor vehicle on a public roadway.

>Which means the government could require you to need a license to operate as an individual in public.

>Finally the government could implement laws requiring you to need a license to have children!

slippery slope is not an argument for anything, don't even bother with it. It just shows you have no understanding of what's going on.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

@Atmos I guess you don't get my sense of humor. But for the sake of argument, you're not mandated to drive a car. However you are required to show at least minimum proficiency at operating a car, and therefore must get a license to do so. The reason being that your life, as well as other's are at stake. Also, I was attempting to be humorous.

Best Excuses:

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

4 minutes ago, MadModder said:

@Atmos I guess you don't get my sense of humor. But for the sake of argument, you're not mandated to drive a car. However you are required to show at least minimum proficiency at operating a car, and therefore must get a license to do so. The reason being that your life, as well as other's are at stake. Also, I was attempting to be humorous.

So many people unsarcastically make the exact same argument you made in the op that I take it seriously when I see it.

when it comes down down to it though, slippery slope arguments still hold 0 value whatsoever.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Actually @Atmos makes a valid point. I absolutely cringe in disgust when I see things like :

"The Great Pyramids in Egypt would have been very difficult to build using the tools and technology of the time. Therefore, they must have been built by aliens from a distant star system to use as navigational beacons." 

Best Excuses:

1 hour ago, Atmos said:

I see literally no issue with this at all.

Slippery slope fallacy should be ignored the overwhelming majority of the time, it can be used in every single situation to try and make completely nonsensical points. Just like the following. 

>Government creates laws that require people to have a license to operate a motor vehicle on a public roadway.

>Which means the government could require you to need a license to operate as an individual in public.

>Finally the government could implement laws requiring you to need a license to have children!

slippery slope is not an argument for anything, don't even bother with it. It just shows you have no understanding of what's going on.

I needed a license to carry a handgun. There was no test or anything, they just want money. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 hours ago, MadModder said:

This frightens me. I can see what's coming next. "Government now requires all citizens to be microchipped. This will include health monitoring, and GPS so that responders will know if your having a health crisis, and be able to locate you in case of emergency. It's for your own safety. Etc, etc, etc."  And so the nightmare begins.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/company-to-install-microchips-in-employees/ar-AAoJT1s?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

I bet you there is a tracker in them employee id cards.

the microchip thing is funny. It doesnt work because of the power source issue but its not impossible to use an RTG but that would make it bigger otherwise it can only be read when you go through a scanner and that means huge public infrastructure upgrades. I know movies show all sorts of stuff even micro explosives in peoples necks but the power source needed is the main limitation to all of this as to keep track of someone you need to transmit their location so that means GPS and cell towers for example. Its not feasable at the moment but for a company to do it, it is feasible because they can have a scanner installed on a small scale however you might as well use the stuff they put around the ankles of recently released prisoners because when your employees leave your company, they're gonna need to get the chip removed and no one likes having such scars.

I know Watch_Dogs has an interesting story! We have an entire nation of gun owners if the government ever went to far, I think were fine.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

Eh, if it can track location data and health data, specifically for use by emergency services, then I have no issue, it'd help with kidnapping, rape, murder cases etc. and could notify paramedics if someone is having a heart attack, or it could let carers in an old folks home know if someone is having a stroke, for example. The benefits outweigh the negatives if you ask me, so long as the data is encrypted and only sent to authorised people. Employers should only be able to access specific data at specific times of the day, whereas emergency services should be able to track it 24/7.

If it can be used instead of giving employees plastic cards that they need to carry around with them, and can be reprogrammed if you change employer, then it's all the better for cutting down on waste as well.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I would get a microchip just so they think I have one. Hack a day has plenty of articles on how to destroy chips and how to steal them from a distance. I would try to make a copy of mine before destroying it to keep up the charade.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Personally I'd like to have a chip in my hand for door access since having to remember my ID card is a pain.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

I want one of those Mass Effect type computers on my wrist. That would be pretty awesome.