NZXT H440 ELITE BUILD LOG

Greetings people ?

Matias is here to gift you with a PC modding build log!

The plan is to make an "elite version" of nzxt's h440, inspired by their elite version of the s340.

I'm either going to make full size tempered Glass or acrylic window in the side, remove the HDD area and extend the PSU chamber.

Since I can't start modding today, here are some pictures of my PC as it is now (before the mod).

Specs:

(Soon to be modded) NZXT h440

I7 6700K

MSI GTX 980 ti

ASUS STRIX z270e gaming

Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3

16 GB G.skill Trident Z RGB

128 GB generic Samsung SSD

1 TB Seagate hybrid laptop SSHD

Be Quiet Pure Power L8 530w

(Fun fact: that's the first and best powersupply I've ever bought! Every single other I've had has been worse in some way)

IMG_20170724_085649.jpg

IMG_20170724_085626_01.jpg

IMG_20170724_102239.jpg

IMG_20170724_102626.jpg

IMG_20170724_102122.jpg

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

Ew NZXT, ok bye.

Understandable have a nice Day ??

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

5 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Ew NZXT, ok bye.

The post you are looking is here

It looks super good!

My "OH GOD" senses are thingling though, don't put your harware on you bed or any fabric like that.

It can zap your parts and potentially fry them, you do NOT want that.

Place them on non-conductive material. :)

And like some others said, remember to put your topics under the correct thread!
But I guess I can pass it for troubleshooting since you put it on your bed ;)

On 24/7/2017 at 11:43 AM, MVPernula said:

It looks super good!

My "OH GOD" senses are thingling though, don't put your harware on you bed or any fabric like that.

And like some others said, remember to put your topics under the correct thread!

GUYS, I'VE CREATED A NEW POST WITH THIS LOG UNDER BUILD LOGS, I WON'T BE POSTING ON HERE ANYMORE

25 minutes ago, matias_a_etersen said:

GUYS, I'VE CREATED A NEW POST WITH THIS LOG UNDER BUILD LOGS, I WON'T BE POSTING ON HERE ANYMORE

This is under build logs :)

19 hours ago, MVPernula said:

19 hours ago, MVPernula said:

On 24/7/2017 at 11:43 AM, MVPernula said:

It looks super good!

Nvm

Okay, just to clear Up my confusion: I originally made this post under the troubleshooting forum, and then I realised it, so I made this one! Then I thought that this one was the one in the troubleshooting forum, but nevermind... Here are some updates for you!

Overnight I have disassembled the case to it's bare structure and taken out the "HDD wall" or what it should be called, and made an extension piece to the PSU shroud. Here are some photos (i know that the PSU shroud extension Isn't painted yet)

IMG_20170725_171655.jpg

IMG_20170725_195113.jpg

IMG_20170725_203626.jpg

IMG_20170726_105135.jpg

Well ffs, I started spraypainting, and then after an hour or so of spraypainting and waiting, I realised the white spraypaint wasn't the same tint as the case ?

IMG_20170726_112236.jpg

IMG_20170726_130215.jpg

Hey guys! I really need some feedback here! I've made the back panel extension and I'm wondering if i should brush it as I've done with the PSU shroud extension while taking the paint off it or spraypaint both pieces black...?

I'll ask my techie friends, and if nobody answers this post, I'll just do as my friends tell me!

IMG_20170726_160525.jpg

IMG_20170726_170143.jpg

Just curious, why no tempered glass?

They look so nice and give your build an upscale look

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

Ok guys, now I've brushed it... I still can't decide if i should paint it black tho... Pls help

IMG_20170726_183640.jpg

2 hours ago, MilfShake said:

Just curious, why no tempered glass?

They look so nice and give your build an upscale look

You a so right, and that was the plan initially, but I could't find anywhere I could get it without ordering it to come weeks later, and I only have 2 days more to mod in... Plexiglass it will be!

Now I only need to cut the plexiglass window!

If you're wondering, it looks WAY better irl with the brushed steel. On camera it looks a bit dull and like it doesn't fit in with the colour scheme, that's not the case AT ALL irl!

IMG_20170726_215740.jpg

I just got done with cutting out the side window and making threads in the holes i drilled in the side panel window and the case! Here is a photo! Now i just need to smooth the edges with sandpaper, and find a way to hide the old side panel mounts.

IMG_20170727_095228.jpg

Yes! I'm done! Now I only need to install my computer back into the case! I know this wasn't a very complicated mod, but DAMN it looks good!

IMG_20170727_110412_01.jpg

Aaaaaand the computer is installed!

IMG_20170729_115143.jpg

1 hour ago, matias_a_etersen said:

Aaaaaand the computer is installed!

IMG_20170729_115143.jpg

looks really nice, almost like my s340 elite

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

On 29/7/2017 at 1:20 PM, Glennieboyyy007 said:

looks really nice, almost like my s340 elite

Thanks!

The work is good, however I just feel that the brushed look is out of place in this case/colour scheme, of course this is only my opinion, if it was me I would paint the bottom of the tempered panel black, the top white and the pieces on the inside white also, hell you could even add an LCD to that rear piece like mine for temp monitoring

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

18 hours ago, stealth80 said:

The work is good, however I just feel that the brushed look is out of place in this case/colour scheme, of course this is only my opinion, if it was me I would paint the bottom of the tempered panel black, the top white and the pieces on the inside white also, hell you could even add an LCD to that rear piece like mine for temp monitoring

I know what you mean with the brushed steel, and I was really split on it too. Although it was really the only option I had, because I couldn't bear to look at the two different tones of white, and I didn't wanna use an additional 20 dollars on a spraypaint I was only gonna use once. Can you please explain what you mean with painting something black and another thing white? I didn't quite get what you ment...

7 hours ago, matias_a_etersen said:

I know what you mean with the brushed steel, and I was really split on it too. Although it was really the only option I had, because I couldn't bear to look at the two different tones of white, and I didn't wanna use an additional 20 dollars on a spraypaint I was only gonna use once. Can you please explain what you mean with painting something black and another thing white? I didn't quite get what you ment...

the 2x strips you added to the top and bottom of your glass panel, theyre both silver at the moment. Like I said its an improvement and good work, and I totally feel you on spray paint costs, I painted an entire X9 from black to white, cost me around £60 in paint ($80) and then around 6 weeks later Thermaltake released a Snow Edition >:(

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

On 31/7/2017 at 11:32 PM, stealth80 said:

the 2x strips you added to the top and bottom of your glass panel, theyre both silver at the moment. Like I said its an improvement and good work, and I totally feel you on spray paint costs, I painted an entire X9 from black to white, cost me around £60 in paint ($80) and then around 6 weeks later Thermaltake released a Snow Edition >:(

Thanks... And that's just sad... I've just bought a Oneplus 5, and now oneplus teases something oneplus 5 related on instagram coming out on the 7/7. I really REALLY hope that it isn't a Oneplus 5T