Do I have bad FPS?

StutterAndLag

So my current setup I have ryzen 1700, two asus gtx 1080 ti's. 16 gb of ram, and in like for example (The Division) I get around 45-50 fps; average. That's what it says on the benchmark. On games like PUBG, I get around 60+ all ultra, grass low. Any idea why my computer is running like this? Is this bad? Good? I have a 4k monitor, not sure if that does anything at all. I have a full specs list if you need it, all around cost about 4k; thought it would do a lot better then this. On arma 3 I get like 70 fps in a jungle area all ultra. 

So if I wasn't gaming on a 4k monitor, it would be way higher fps basically. 

9 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

4k is still bleh for optimizations for most games, you have the HP just not the optimizations

4 minutes ago, StutterAndLag said:

Basically yes, since 4k is 4 times more pixels to render than 1080p but I guess your build should be fine at 1440p which is 4 times more pixels than HD 

11 minutes ago, StutterAndLag said:

Yup

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

CPU: Core i3 7100u Ram: 8gb DDR4 SSD: 256gb Sandisk X4 Pro Screen: 13.3" TN 

Asus E403SA

CPU: Pentium N3700 Quad Core Ram: 4gb DDR3 SSD: 128gb eMMC Screen: 14" 1080p TN

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

PSU Tier List Updated    Personal Steam Account   

SLI just seems like poison, a way to punish rich kids, seeing as it just doesnt work like we expect it to. Being able to SLI a couple of older cards to get better performance on the cheap is a great idea, but the idea of putting two top end 1080ti's in SLI just seems retarded, such a gargantuan waste of money.

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Yea SLI just seems like a horrendous waste. Try and downscale the resolution for benchmarks and see what happens. Just mess around and see what happens, it can't hurt. For SLI though....that does seem pretty low. I would expect much higher.

4K resolution for just one 1080TI card should run around 50-60fps....

Take one card out of the equation and run the tests, let's see what happens. Looking forward to what you find.

Sli is not standard with all games maybe 10% of em. Indeed try running all the same with 1 card and note the fps and compare them. See where you notice a diff. Optimisation is indeed the problem here, though i secretly wonder how much the 7700k would push out of this! Update your tests please, i predict a drop in Arma 3 on that and a minore one in the division as result of optimisation on sli being different. Heck i think a single well cooled 1080ti would allready spin alot of your games 35-70 on 4k.

Goodluck, jeez a 4k pc i dream of such overkilling for my home front! Nice....

1 minute ago, Goildzy said:

Sli is not standard with all games maybe 10% of em. Indeed try running all the same with 1 card and note the fps and compare them. See where you notice a diff. Optimisation is indeed the problem here, though i secretly wonder how much the 7700k would push out of this! Update your tests please, i predict a drop in Arma 3 on that and a minore one in the division as result of optimisation on sli being different. Heck i think a single well cooled 1080ti would allready spin alot of your games 35-70 on 4k.

Yeah gonna have to try that sometime, to busy right now to do that. I mean im not a huge " I need 200 fps" type of guy. But I just wanted to make sure that none of my items where having issues or something. Now that I think of it, im very glad im getting 60 fps on 4k monitor. It sure as hell comes our clear lol. 60 fps, max settings, good enough for me lol.

4 minutes ago, Goildzy said:

Arma 3?

Rocket League puts more strain on my CPU and GPU than Arma 3, yet Arma runs like shit.

11 minutes ago, StutterAndLag said:

Yeah gonna have to try that sometime, to busy right now to do that. I mean im not a huge " I need 200 fps" type of guy. But I just wanted to make sure that none of my items where having issues or something. Now that I think of it, im very glad im getting 60 fps on 4k monitor. It sure as hell comes our clear lol. 60 fps, max settings, good enough for me lol.

Well its simple. 4k on 60hz refresh means it flickers 60 frames per second. So even if you have 5000 fps your display will only output 60 frames per second anyway. With this theory and real time proof you can just hook up a very cheap cpu (wouldnt advice tho) to a 1080ti as long as the cpu pushes 60fps ur good on 4k as 4k is very gpu demanding at these ages. And yes sadly we live in a 200 fps i need 999 fps guy on my 1080p time lol and the overkills i see. The dunking on chips like ryzen is also sad, its a good chip ffs...ok im getting really off topic. xD

You'd be surprised how much FPS you get back just by dropping one single resolution to 3200x1800p or similar...

4K is a different beast compared to 1440p-1800p, and as stated, Games being Games, varied budgets/developers, not equal and all that.......games are not made for 4K as a standard yet.

You still have a beast of a RIG, but your ahead of the Optimization/4K progression that should have happened a long time ago.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

41 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Arma 3?

Rocket League puts more strain on my CPU and GPU than Arma 3, yet Arma runs like shit.

Seems like a terrible coded game ! Lol omg rocket league!