Viewsonic xg2703 or asus pg279q

xsimplyjosh
Go to solution Solved by rasmuskrj,

All the G-sync 1440p 144hz monitors use the same AU optronics panel, so you probably wont see much difference in panel quality. The Acer XB271HU uses a borderless version of the panel but otherwise it's the same.

So I would go with whatever has a good price and/or is a brand you trust. I've seeen a LOT of people complain over the Asus PG279Q(backlight bleed), but the problems are present in all brands.

I have a AOC Agon AG271QG and I'm very happy with it. 

Regarding quantum dot I cannot help you.

As in title stuck between these two monitors...

Im aware of the issues involve with ips and am ready to take gamble one way or another but i rarely do work in the dark and 95% of the time looking at a bright screen rather than pitch black all the time.

i need ips as i do photography work so color is important alongside gaming.

i need a 27 inch monitor. Ultrawide is out of equation for me due to the extra price point and my desk wont suffice for its configuration 

im fixated with 1440p at high refresh rates for now since my graphics card is capable of pushing that at least without any prior issue (1080 ti)

4k is somewhat irrelevant to me for now as im still going to wait a fair bit before 4k becomes viable at a fair price. Also better with a larger screen since the ppi count is 1.6x higher than that of traditional 27" monitors at 1440p

also another question; given asus is introducing new monitors like the pg27vq (quantum tn) , pg27uq (hdr n quantum 4k (the hdr seems appealing) altho looks interesting if can downscale 4k to 1440p while holding 144hz constant which is pretty high already) has anyone had experience on quantum dot display wise with frame rates put aside... would quantum outpace ips in term of color accuracy % or would be a step down.. kinda torn also because there r so many choices but im fixated with

1) g sync

2) high frame rate

3) 1440p

as main tri fecta core when t cones to monitor decidig

first time buying a high end monitor price wise and probably will be the one for many years to come until then...

any insight would be helpful kinda torn now lelel 

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

Sorry if above looks ultra jumbled i just have so many questions that i dont want to duplicate two threads inthe same sub forum

again price point will be deciding factor for the "newer" monitors but was just curious to see if the newer display tech was superior if not to IPS... was my main enquiry

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

All the G-sync 1440p 144hz monitors use the same AU optronics panel, so you probably wont see much difference in panel quality. The Acer XB271HU uses a borderless version of the panel but otherwise it's the same.

So I would go with whatever has a good price and/or is a brand you trust. I've seeen a LOT of people complain over the Asus PG279Q(backlight bleed), but the problems are present in all brands.

15 hours ago, rasmuskrj said:

yea thats the thing im worried about .... unless quantum dot has that "leap" over ips n is proven im in kinda a tough spot now between decision :(

because i can wait its not like i have to buy now urgently... but is good to have "ideas"

---