Side grip on razer deathadder fell off

My razer deathadder chroma side grip fell off, and now isn't firm on the mouse, and is very sticky on the outside. What can I do to fix this? Or should I just buy a new mouse?

Is it still covered by warranty? If so, get it replaced/repaired. If not, you can try sticking it back on with superglue. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Is it still covered by warranty? If so, get it replaced/repaired. If not, you can try sticking it back on with superglue. 

I don't know if it's still covered under warranty as I have gotten this mouse as a result of replacing another deathadder that had its mouse wheel fall off. 

Just now, 223342_1454181628 said:

I don't know if it's still covered under warranty as I have gotten this mouse as a result of replacing another deathadder that had its mouse wheel fall off. 

Well, if it's still within the warranty period since you bought the first one (not since you got a replacement) then it should be still under warranty. 

1 minute ago, 223342_1454181628 said:

You could replace it or chuck that razer product in the trash while waving your middle fingers lol.

On a serious note you could either glue it, rma, or get a new mouse and refer to the first thing I said.

I have 2 razer mice the Lachesis is over 5 years old, no breaks. The Orobouros is 2 years old no breaks.

What on earth are you doing to your mice the break them?

same thing happened to me superglue will work for a little but it will eventually fall off again.

• 9 months later...

Replying to this old thread because i just found a way to fix the rubber grips that have fallen off my razer mamba mice.

I find that the Razer mouse build quality quite poor, which is a shame for such an expensive mouse. I think i will switch brands after my chroma mouse fails me.

I have had 3 Mamba mice (Razer Mamba 2012, Razer Mamba 2013 and the Razer Mamba Chroma 2017) and found that all three mice suffer from the same problem. The side grip of the mice fall off due to the glue under the rubber grips being deteriorated by hand oils and sweat)

To fix the problem you need to get some good quality double sided tape:

https://www.scotchbrand.com.au/3M/en_AU/scotch-brand-au/products/catalog/~/Scotch-Double-Sided-Tape-Dispensered-Rolls/?N=4335+3294529197+3294603620&rt=rud

you can get this from stationary stores.

Prepare the mouse surface

1. clean and peel/wipe off excess glue with isopropyl alcohol and ensure the surface is clean for the double sided tape to get a good grip.

2. was the rubber with dish soap to remove excess oil and dry with a lint free cloth.

3. get the doublesided tape and stick it on the underside of the rubber grip with the true edge inline with the bottom edge of the rubber grip.

4. cut the excess tape so that the tape follows the same shape as the grip.

5. carefully place the grip back onto the mouse

provided your surfaces are clean the glue should get a good grip and your mouse should be as good as new.

Don't worry if you stuff it up, just peel off the double sided tape, clean it and reapply a new piece of double sided tape.

Intel i7 4790K | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Motherboard | Kingston Beast 16Gb 2400Mhz RAM | Corsair AX860i Power supply | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Storm Trooper w/ window | Samsung EVO 500gb SSD | WD Black 2TB | Asus GTX980