Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING

Slick

Maybe make an exception to the eBay rule where you can link to companies' listings and not to any old user. Stores like newegg, best buy, etc, have eBay stores and often do exclusive deals through it. I purchase almost all of my PC parts brand new through eBay, and they often do "deal of the day" promotions where they have like 20+ tech items discounted brand new. Just seems like an unnecessarily strict and broad rule when it's a giant online sales company that doesn't just have secondhand items from random people, contrary to popular belief. It would be like banning amazon because *some* of the items are sold by shitty third party sellers.

PC: CPU: i7-5820k  GPU: GTX 1080 ROG Strix OC 8GB  RAM: 32GB DDR4   SSD: Samsung Evo 850 1TB  Board: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Case: Corsair 760T

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" (i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM)

Maybe make an exception to the eBay rule where you can link to companies' listings and not to any old user. Stores like newegg, best buy, etc, have eBay stores and often do exclusive deals through it. I purchase almost all of my PC parts brand new through eBay, and they often do "deal of the day" promotions where they have like 20+ tech items discounted brand new. Just seems like an unnecessarily strict and broad rule when it's a giant online sales company that doesn't just have secondhand items from random people, contrary to popular belief. It would be like banning amazon because *some* of the items are sold by shitty third party sellers.

Apologize to the mods if I am over stepping here but;

You should probably PM @Slick or any of the other LTT mods or staff and submit your argument that way requesting a modification to the rules to included first party sales through E-bay. Posting here wont get very far and it will just cause you a headache.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 1 month later...

can MicroCenter be banned?

EDIT: any in store deals. Hot Deals should be online only imo

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

• 2 months later...

Do you think that the Ebay situation should be looked at again considering linus has made 2 videos now where he goes on ebay and builds a pc

• 1 month later...

This is not a rant, just a question about the posting guidelines.

my post for a gtx950 for $120 was closed and i was reminded not to post links to ebay and yes i did read the posting guidelines

my thoughts were to help people that are looking towards a budget build to get a card via a reputable seller(newegg but through ebay) vs getting a similar priced card ATM like a 750ti or a r7 anything and it was a cool looking white.

personally i hate newegg with a passion, as a pc builder way back when graphics cards were only 16mb(not gb) they all of a sudden decided Hawaii was no longer part of the United States and stopped shipping here. but yet i still posted a link to make them money in case someone out there needed a decent deal on a card.

anyway that's all i have to say, rules are rules but there should be exceptions if its gonna help out all of us pc builders.

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2013 at 4:55 PM, Slick said:

Please use common sense when posting - no advertising of your own or your friends companies, post to second hand sales sites, etc.

Share the love by telling people of awesome deals like the steam autumn sale that is currently going on!

All topics should be linking to an awesome deal from somewhere on the interwebs - but please don't just link! Include some of the best deals and talk about the sale, maybe even include a screenshot :D

Some basic guidelines that would be nice to see people follow:

• Please include the location as a prefix in the title. For example -  {CAN}, {US}, {AU}, [CA,US], [EU], etc...
  • Please keep the titles simple - indicate what it is and how much along with the location prefix and possible for how long
  • Please indicate the currency type in the post - CA, US, (£)
  • Links in the Hot Deals section to items being sold directly by the manufacturer or distributor, such as Razor, Dell, Amazon, Best Buy, etc., are allowed, but only in this section.
  • NO links to Ebay or other second hand and/or auction sites (even ones run by possible "recognized" brands)
  • G2A links are at this stage permitted
  • NO referral links of any type

Only members who have previously contacted an Administrator and made prior arrangements can post "deals" to their own websites or affiliates.

Thank you for all your assistance in keeping this section tidy and running smoothly.

So is there no classified section on here where we could post our used parts? All the Jeep forums I'm on do and it works really well, I'd much rather buy or sell with someone on here than craigslist!

dia de los Muertos

~CPU~ I5 6600K @4.5GHz ~GPU~ GTX 1070 EVGA FTW ~PSU~ EVGA G1 650W ~HDD~ 1TB WD Caviar Blue

~RAM~ G.Skill 16GB DDR4 2400 ~CASE~ NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ~MOBO~ MSI Z170 SLI Plus

~Keyboard~ K70 Lux Cherry MX Brown ~Mouse~ Logitech G502 Prometheus 

(and a lot more shit to go)

• 1 year later...

Regarding eBay, what about promotions put on through eBay and not individual sellers? IE I just bought a Ryzen 5 1600 from a seller on eBay for $192. Right now eBay is having a promotion if you sign up for a credit card you get $30 off your first statement, and eBay is also doing 10% back in eBay bucks...bringing the effective price of that $192 down to $142.80.

Would it be alright to share that with no links as you could get the $30 off the first statement + 10% back in eBay bucks with any seller that accepts PayPal.

• 5 years later...

Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 and 360 dropping at a good price.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)