How strong is a graphics card's bracket

InertiaSelling

Hi. I'm in the process of making a custom case, and I was thinking of mounting my graphics card parallel to the motherboard. This is usually called a "vertical" mount, but since my case will sit horizontally, the card would actually be horizontal as well. This is why I'm concerned about the strength of the metal bracket. Can I actually screw my card that way, and have it weigh on the bracket for an extended period of time without breaking anything ?

Spoiler

I feel like my english might be a bit broken here. If you have trouble picturing what I'm trying to describe, try to think of a regular case where you would mount your card vertically, and then flip the whole computer on its side.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, InertiaSelling said:

Hi. I'm in the process of making a custom case, and I was thinking of mounting my graphics card parallel to the motherboard. This is usually called a "vertical" mount, but since my case will sit horizontally, the card would actually be horizontal as well. This is why I'm concerned about the strength of the metal bracket. Can I actually screw my card that way, and have it weigh on the bracket for an extended period of time without breaking anything ?

Hide contents

I feel like my english might be a bit broken here. If you have trouble picturing what I'm trying to describe, try to think of a regular case where you would mount your card vertically, and then flip the whole computer on its side.

Thanks.

Yes it will be more than enough the bracket itself is stronger than the bare PCB material that the card is made out of.