Windows doesn't want EFI Ignore

Billy_Mays

Ignore the thread

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

To be honest, it's a little hard to figure out exactly what happened.  If that isn't the longest run-on sentence I have ever read, it's pretty close.  Try breaking that up a little bit so that people can understand what happened.  Will be easier to diagnose, analyze, and resolve that way.

Do you still have the bootable USB?  If so, then reboot using the bootable USB and follow along with the defaults, or maybe better yet, when you get to the indicate which drive, delete the partition for the boot drive and recreate it with the tools on the bootable USB.  After that you should be able to reinstall Win10 after recreating the partition and then just follow along with the defaults using the newly created partition on your boot drive.

4 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

To be honest, it's a little hard to figure out exactly what happened.  If that isn't the longest run-on sentence I have ever read, it's pretty close.  Try breaking that up a little bit so that people can understand what happened.  Will be easier to diagnose, analyze, and resolve that way.

Do you still have the bootable USB?  If so, then reboot using the bootable USB and follow along with the defaults, or maybe better yet, when you get to the indicate which drive, delete the partition for the boot drive and recreate it with the tools on the bootable USB.  After that you should be able to reinstall Win10 after recreating the partition and then just follow along with the defaults using the newly created partition on your boot drive.

I did what you said and now it says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk is if the GPT partition style

I think the data corrupted and it got so messed up that its unrecoverable but I have no experience with  this so dont trust me completely

2 minutes ago, TheSneakinSpider said:

I think the data corrupted and it got so messed up that its unrecoverable but I have no experience with  this so dont trust me completely

On the USB?

1 minute ago, TheSneakinSpider said:

on the drive

They are both wiped

Uhhh I selected the wrong drive and it's installing on my other drive that's silly how it doesn't like one but likes the other

2 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Uhhh I selected the wrong drive and it's installing on my other drive that's silly how it doesn't like one but likes the other

UEFI can only boot with on a drive in the GPT layout, so Windows setup blocks you if you have UEFI and try to install Windows on MBR layout one (that is what BIOS can interact with), and so knows that once Windows will be installed, and you restart, your system will show a message "No OS found or bootable device" or something like that, and then you'll panic and not know why. :)

29 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

UEFI can only boot with on a drive in the GPT layout, so Windows setup blocks you if you have UEFI and try to install Windows on MBR layout one (that is what BIOS can interact with), and so knows that once Windows will be installed, and you restart, your system will show a message "No OS found or bootable device" or something like that, and then you'll panic and not know why. :)

Nope the installer got corrupted according to multiple sources