Need recommendations for games with a nice story

IAnthonyFX

I have a new laptop (i7 7700hq and gtx 1050ti)
I want games with a capturing story and nice graphics
Free ones capture my attention even more

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

The Talos Principle

Witcher 3

Ori and the Blind Forest

Dust an Elysian Tail

Transistor

Bastion

Tomb Raider

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Metro 2033 Redux

Metro Last Light Redux

Divinity: Original Sin

NieR: Automata

Life is Strange

Silent Hill 2

KHOLAT

Any of the Elder Scrolls games

Any of the Penumbra games

SOMA

The Stanley Parable

Undertale

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Myst

Deus Ex 

Call of Cthulu

Bioshock

Dark souls (Though its cryptic)

Fallout

Uncanny Valley

Then there are a ton of RPG's on classic consoles you could go for as well. 

Fallout 3 and new vegas still look great and both go on sale frequently with the DLC included. Of course fallout 4 has a great story too, but that is common knowledge these days.  I have put many hundreds of hours into both. You will need to do a couple tricks (info found online) to get fallout 3 to run on Windows 10, but New Vegas should run without issues. All the Elder scrolls games have good stories too, but I would only play oblivion and sky rim if you are looking for graphics that hold up today. The half life and portal series are great as well. Recently I havve been enjoying L.A. Nuaree too. 

Well I am starting to play Dark souls, and sure thing this is my kind of game. I am totally new to gaming (only console I had is a PS 1 for FIFA and Super Shot Soccer) so I am not familiar with any franchise

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

1 hour ago, IAnthonyFX said:

Well I am starting to play Dark souls, and sure thing this is my kind of game. I am totally new to gaming (only console I had is a PS 1 for FIFA and Super Shot Soccer) so I am not familiar with any franchise

DarkSouls has no Story.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

10 hours ago, Praesi said:

DarkSouls has no Story.

It has story but it is told via the environment and the items.

5 hours ago, WereCat said:

It has story but it is told via the environment and the items.

It has Lore, not Story. Im sure he want something else.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 7/23/2017 at 11:04 AM, WereCat said:

NieR: Automata

Such a great storyline, definitely my GOTY for 2017 so far.

Witcher 3 (and 2) is something that fits your needs quite well. On a sale you can get part 2 for under 2 bucks, more like 1 normally. It has some really nice graphics, especially for it's age, and you won't even be able to max it out on your machine (damn you uber-sampling). If you like it get Witcher 3 as soon as possible, it's better in almost all ways (but defenitly less challenging). If you don't like it, get Witcher 3 as well. If you pick it up on sale it almost feels like stealing. Great graphics, good story and some of the best quest design I've ever seen. Best thing would be if you get all the DLC as well, or just the GOTY Edition. The first DLC has a brilliant story and the second one isn't far behind. Aaaand... you'll easily get 120 in the game, even if you just do the about 70-100 longer sidequests that aren't just filler. Well, I should now stop promoting the game, but... Get it!

i5 6500 @3.2Ghz, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini, 16GB DDR4 @2400Mhz, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Corsair Vengance 650W, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Thermaltake Versa U21, Hyper 103

AOC Agon AG271UG 27" 4k G-Sync, G933, G502, G801

Spec ops the line 

borderlands 2 (KINDA, not really)

Battlefront 2 2005 (kinda)

Cross code

Fallout 1, New Vegas 

call of duty modern warfare 1-3

Dawn of war

dawn of war winter assault

dawn of war dark crusade

(all other dawn of war games don't exist.) 

metro series. 

Supposedly knights of the old republic (I didn't get far. Combat was boring to me)

state of decay (careful. Bugs may make you rage quit as I did. First ever) 

tomb raided 2013

Wolfenstein old blood. (Kinda ish)

Dead space

PlayStation now lets you play Games in the computer so I could recommend killzone 3. 

And bf the best story game of them all....

tetris. 

Thank you so much guys.