Ideal CPU&GPU temperature of my PC

genexis_x

I'm wondering what's the ideal CPU and GPU temps of my Y520 laptop (i5 7300HQ, GTX 1050 2GB)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

85c cpu/gpu should be optimal

But is it good for long term use

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

But is it good for long term use

Definitely, as long as you don't really reach above these your components should be fine.

The 1050 should be under 82c for MUH MAX SPEED (GPU Boost 3)

idk

The TJUNCTION of the Intel Core i5-7300HQ as found by spelunking on the Intel website is 100o. Nvidia has set the maximum GPU temperature to 97o. Those are the temperatures that Intel and Nvidia have determined are the maximum that the chips can handle.

The question is, how comfortable are YOU letting it get? Some people stop their chips at 70o, while others like me, let theirs go up to 90o. (I also use my computer for mainly workstation type tasks, like 3d animation, with no ill effect.) For most enthusiast-type people, I would say that the sweetspot is 10-15 degrees below the manufacturer TJUNCTION or maximum temperature.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

3 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

The TJUNCTION of the Intel Core i5-7300HQ as found by spelunking on the Intel website is 100o. Nvidia has set the maximum GPU temperature to 97o. Those are the temperatures that Intel and Nvidia have determined are the maximum that the chips can handle.

The question is, how comfortable are YOU letting it get? Some people stop their chips at 70o, while others like me, let theirs go up to 90o. (I also use my computer for mainly workstation type tasks, like 3d animation, with no ill effect.) For most enthusiast-type people, I would say that the sweetspot is 10-15 degrees below the manufacturer TJUNCTION or maximum temperature.

That's why I'm looking for 'IDEAL' temps not max temps

Thanks for your input

Desktop specs:

Spoiler