What Is This new windows 10 update asking me for?

WolfLoverPro

ive just got onto my desktop from holiday as i havnt been on it for a few weeks and windows keeps asking for a big update of some sort i dont really bother doing them but it seems like its harassing me to do it ALOT so should i do it and how long will this new windows 10 take because i dont even know what it is

2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

ive just got onto my desktop from holiday as i havnt been on it for a few weeks and windows keeps asking for a big update of some sort i dont really bother doing them but it seems like its harassing me to do it ALOT so should i do it and how long will this new windows 10 take because i dont even know what it is

Don't worry, the update will be forced after a certain period of time with you ignoring it.  However, it would help if you gave the name of the update package it is trying to install.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

Don't worry, the update will be forced after a certain period of time with you ignoring it.  However, it would help if you gave the name of the update package it is trying to install.

• 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4025339).

• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016 for x64 (KB3186568).

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703.

what ever they are

1 minute ago, WolfLoverPro said:

• 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4025339).

• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016 for x64 (KB3186568).

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703.

what ever they are

Probably the creators update or whatever it's called

The cumulative update is a collection of bug fixes.  Microsoft .NET framework is an application framework that a variety of applications can use.  Version 1703 is a newer build of Windows 10, think of it as a mini service pack.  You can also type those KB numbers into google and the results will be the microsoft KB articles describing each of these updates.

v1703 is the creator update. That's the "big update". The rest is security patches and updates for Anniversary update(v1607), which is what you currently have.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro