Server help!!!!

I have this old server with a Asus l1n64 ws sli with two and fx cpus (dual cpu motherboard). And I tried to boot windows 10 from a USB and can't seem to get it to work 

1500772155079461270914.jpg

1500772226555318174936.jpg

15007722765701275625480.jpg

15007723097651411205812.jpg

58 minutes ago, DANK M3M3 MAN said:

I have this old server with a Asus l1n64 ws sli with two and fx cpus (dual cpu motherboard). And I tried to boot windows 10 from a USB and can't seem to get it to work 

While I'm not familiar with why exactly it's not booting properly, I'd like to point out that the server / motherboard you're using is from over 15 years ago, so even if you do get it to boot properly, I'd be willing to bet there won't be any driver support beyond Server 2008 / Windows 7 for it.

What is happening when you try to boot from the Lexar USB Flash drive? Try booting to it with the hard drive unplugged from the motherboard to eliminate potential conflicts. You should be able to at least boot into the Windows 10 installer. If not, then I'd look into getting Linux to boot on it first, to ensure the hardware is working.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Don't look like something from 15 years ago, though and you need to be specific with the issues your having.

When you say 'Boot Windows 10 From A USB' do you mean a USB installer drive, or a LiveUSB?

Do the consumer Windows OS even support more than 1 socket now?

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

34 minutes ago, unijab said:

Do the consumer Windows OS even support more than 1 socket now?

Enterprise edition does.

@DANK M3M3 MAN That's not actually an old server it's an old extremely high end workstation/gaming system. Those AMD Athlon 64 FX-74 CPUs were amazing back in the day, now they will be really crap.

A system and bios that old requires that you format the USB installer in the right way, if it will work at all. You need to create the USB installer using something like Rufus and select Legacy only.

15 hours ago, leadeater said:

Enterprise edition does.

@DANK M3M3 MAN That's not actually an old server it's an old extremely high end workstation/gaming system. Those AMD Athlon 64 FX-74 CPUs were amazing back in the day, now they will be really crap.

A system and bios that old requires that you format the USB installer in the right way, if it will work at all. You need to create the USB installer using something like Rufus and select Legacy only.

Yes, I'm not sure if Windows 10 supports legacy BIOS or not, if it doesn't work then try Server 2008? 

Good luck.  

Windows has a friendly utility to make a bootable installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Judging by the pictures it looks like windows was installed but booting into repair?

I'd update the bios and try again. Sometimes you can squeeze some life out of it with a good ole bios update.

However as others have pointed out, it's a little dated which also means it'll eat more electricity than it needs to.

(can't hurt to update the time to current in the bios, windows driver signing won't be happy if today's date is 2002 and a signed certificate for xyz hardware was signed 2015 lol)