Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TinyBolts

What are your pick for the best gaming headsets?

Just now, TinyBolts said:

well both 598 and blue yeti both are in my budget, so ill get that :D, thank you for all the help!

Ok you won't be disappointed with that. No problem with the help.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

no get the at2020 usb

I would still get the regular plus a Audiobox 2x2 and a AKG K240 because everything sounds better on phantom power


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Max_Settings said:

No, to appreciate good headphones you do need a good AMP and DAC. No one ever said anything about mixing, the OP didn't say anything about mixing. And the 6XXs are not mixing headphones. But what you said about mixing is true. 

i just want a normal mic that is good and headphones that are good for gaming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

No, to appreciate good headphones you do need a good AMP and DAC. No one ever said anything about mixing, the OP didn't say anything about mixing. And the 6XXs are not mixing headphones. But what you said about mixing is true. 

Aren't these for Gaming.Who said anything about appreciating Audio


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TinyBolts said:

i just want a normal mic that is good and headphones that are good for gaming.

1.Presonous Audiobox 2X2

2.AKG K240 MKII

3.Shure Sm57 or a AT2020


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Aren't these for Gaming.Who said anything about appreciating Audio

Because if you are running them correctly with a good AMP and DAC they will sound better in game, plus you can do some killer music listening in your spare time. And who said anything about mixing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Because if you are running them correctly with a good AMP and DAC they will sound better in game, plus you can do some killer music listening in your spare time. And who said anything about mixing?

Fair point but the headphones will still run at about 111 DB SPL which is very loud.

Stop making me do math


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Himommies said:

1.Presonous Audiobox 2X2

2.AKG K240 MKII

3.Shure Sm57 or a AT2020

I don't think the OP wants to mess around with an audio interface and mixing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Because if you are running them correctly with a good AMP and DAC they will sound better in game, plus you can do some killer music listening in your spare time. And who said anything about mixing?

the 6 series will run ok on unprofessional equipment

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max_Settings said:

I don't think the OP wants to mess around with an audio interface and mixing

It's literally Plug and Play.It's different then focousrite which is a pain in the ass


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

I don't think the OP wants to mess around with an audio interface and mixing

ye i dont, plug and play

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Fair point but the headphones will still run at about 111 DB SPL which is very loud.

Yeah but there is more to an amp that DB numbers. AMP and DACs have different qualities. A AMP with less power could sound way better than an AMP with less power because of the quality. Audio interfaces are not meant for sound quality and driving headphones

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Himommies said:

It's literally Plug and Play.It's different then focousrite which is a pain in the ass

Eh.. I guess but it's still one more thing you have to buy and have sitting around. Yeti or AT220 is just so easy

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max_Settings said:

Yeah but there is more to an amp that DB numbers. AMP and DACs have different qualities. A AMP with less power could sound way better than an AMP with less power because of the quality. Audio interfaces are not meant for sound quality and driving headphones

A AMP only affects headphone sound so much,It's a much better idea to get a cheaper AMP/DAC and get better headphones than vice versa


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max_Settings said:

Yeah but there is more to an amp that DB numbers. AMP and DACs have different qualities. A AMP with less power could sound way better than an AMP with less power because of the quality. Audio interfaces are not meant for sound quality and driving headphones

true but the 6xx are still a good investment compared to the 598s tho. they sound quite similar imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

No the headphone out on that is worthless, if you have the mic low enough on it so it doesn't clip then you can't hear the headphone out even on max volume

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max_Settings said:

Eh.. I guess but it's still one more thing you have to buy and have sitting around. Yeti or AT220 is just so easy

Yeti is easy enough but audio technica stuff sounds so much better with Phantom Power


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel Z. said:

true but the 6xx are still a good investment compared to the 598s tho. they sound quite similar imo

Stop recommending the 6xx they aren't that good of a deal.Get the AKG K240


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Himommies said:

Yeti is easy enough but audio technica stuff sounds so much better with Phantom Power

 

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

No the headphone out on that is worthless, if you have the mic low enough on it so it doesn't clip then you can't hear the headphone out even on max volume

you could use a phantom psu and an XLR-USB cable on the output but its not good

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Himommies said:

A AMP only affects headphone sound so much,It's a much better idea to get a cheaper AMP/DAC and get better headphones than vice versa

Only partially true. There does come a cut off point where the law of diminishing return really hits hard. For DACs it's above $200, and for AMPs it's above $500. But not one audiophile would ever say buy a $100 DAC AMP combo and run high end cans off of it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Himommies said:

Stop recommending the 6xx they aren't that good of a deal.Get the AKG K240

they are pretty good, based on the 650 which were Senn's flagship until the HD 800

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max_Settings said:

Only partially true. There does come a cut off point where the law of diminishing return really hits hard. For DACs it's above $200, and for AMPs it's above $500. But not one audiophile would ever say buy a $100 DAC AMP combo and run high end cans off of it

But the 6XX's arent high end


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×