Any linux users out there?

I'm running Solus and Windows 10 on mine. I'd go full Linux but Tripwire hasn't ported Killing Floor 2 over to Linux yet :(

"Whoever thinks of going to bed before twelve o'clock is a scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson

15 hours ago, Starlight Glimmer said:

I'm running Solus and Windows 10 on mine. I'd go full Linux but Tripwire hasn't ported Killing Floor 2 over to Linux yet :(

according to the winehq database and reddit the game can be run using the directx10 version. You might want to give it a shot.

6 hours ago, Seeboooo said:

according to the winehq database and reddit the game can be run using the directx10 version. You might want to give it a shot.

Oh my god that is awesome!

"Whoever thinks of going to bed before twelve o'clock is a scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson

I've got a Raspberry Pi and

At least 20 virtual machines running Ubuntu (12.04, 14.04, 15.10,! 16.04, 16.10) and a bunch of others.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

3 hours ago, Tibbles said:

I use Manjaro XFCE on both my laptop and desktop.

I started out with Ubuntu > Linux Mint > KDE Neon > Manjaro KDE > Antergos (short lived due to it being buggy as hell) > Manjaro XFCE.

I've tried installing Arch 3 times and failed all of them. Gonna try again in a few weeks but now I wish to get comfy with XFCE. ^_^

Just curious, why do you want Arch when you already have Manjaro? Also, have you tried Arch Anywhere?

My household has been Windows-less since ~2005! =D

I'm currently typing this on an Macbook Pro 5,5 which is running Antergos. My HTPC/Desktop PC (being in a state of re-configuring from an HTPC into a more desktop oriented one) is running Arch Linux. Previously I've used at least Red Hat (back when it was still called that), Debian, Gentoo, Mint, Kubuntu....

I also have an Odroid C1 which is currently running LibreElec. But I've installed various images on it, and have various ideas on what to hack with it...

p.s. IMO KDE is and has been waaay more user friendly than any flavor of Gnome or the Unity thing they used to have (save for some buggy releases, sometimes they let too much of bugs into end-user releases)...

Edited by Wild Penquin
Not odroid C0 but an odroid C1!

Been rockin linux for about 5 years now, loved every minute of it. Currently using Arch with i3 on my Asus G73JW

• 2 weeks later...

I've been Linux only since 2004. Just Built a Ryzen rig. 1600x, RX580 gpu 16gb ram 256gb m.2, 500gb HDD (carried over). Running Ubuntu 17.10 I gave my old parts to my daughter for her first build. A phenom 2 triple core, 4gb ram and a shinny 120gb SSD/ 1TB HDD. I asked her what she wanted to put on it. She has a Chromebook, uses windows in school. She Said "I want to use what you use dad." :) Down the rabbit hole she goes. But she doesn't have any preconceived ideas about how he computer "should" work, that solves half her problems right there.

Got an Ubuntu Server NAS, and an Acer laptop with Ubuntu 16.04 to openSSH to it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Got Lubuntu on my ancient laptop to try and lighten its workload a bit more, it was so sluggish running windows 10. It is still slow but better than it was. I'm a complete novice and have been trying to watch YouTube video tutorials to learn what I can but I don't always have time to practice, so  I forget a lot. I should learn more once I go back to school since I will be using it more.

I tried running Ubuntu on my home server but was running into problems with port forwarding for the VMs running windows for games. I am running it on Windows 10 for now, but would like to switch back at some point since Ubuntu runs faster.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I dual boot Lunbuntu on my Alienware and then I'm going to make a dedicated Linux machine using a Raspberry Pi.

Laptop: arch + i3wm (has also been running in the past: LinuxMint 18 and UbuntuGnome 16.04)

Now:

Desktop: UbuntuServer 16.04 + i3wm (has also been running in the past: LinuxMint)

VM's on Desktop: 2*UbuntuServer 16.04 (DNS-server and File-server) +  UbuntuGnome 17.04 (Media + for GF if she comes over and needs a computer)

In a month:

another old laptop: debain with pfSense (I know, not Linux. Also running in vm on desktop right now) in vm

Desktop being used as server: UbunutServer 16.04 (fileserver + kvm)

VM's on Desktop-server: Arch + i3wm (Desktop replacement), UbuntuServer 16.04 (DNS-server), UbuntuGnome 17.04 (Media + for GF) 

When I got more money:

Remove arch vm, build new Desktop and run arch + i3wm on that one

Be safe, don't drink and sudo

Laptop: ASUS K541UA (i5-6198DU, 8GB RAM, 250GB 850 EVO) OS: Debian Buster (KDE)

Desktop: i7-7700, ASUS Strix H270F, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD from laptop, some HDD's, iGPU, some NIC's, OS: Debian Buster (KDE)

openSUSE Leap 42.3 KDE on Lenovo G50-45 (aka always latest version). I'd use twmbleweed but Steam kinda hates it.

i used it, but i had constant problems. with everything. GPU issues, CPU frequency problems, etc...

i'm happily running windows 10 on everything now. 

She/Her

Ubuntu on one machine
chromeOS on a chromebook

and raspbian on raspberry pi

I have Linux on everything except my toaster

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Well I run Kali... That tells you everything you need to know about my computer interests.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

On 8/28/2017 at 2:04 PM, SCHISCHKA said:

I have Linux on everything except my toaster

I think my toaster runs windows. Whatever I put in it, the toaster hangs, overheats and toast is burned like hell.

Be safe, don't drink and sudo

Laptop: ASUS K541UA (i5-6198DU, 8GB RAM, 250GB 850 EVO) OS: Debian Buster (KDE)

Desktop: i7-7700, ASUS Strix H270F, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD from laptop, some HDD's, iGPU, some NIC's, OS: Debian Buster (KDE)

I use Arch whenever possible, currently there are 6 computers in my house that run it including my main laptop.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have Ubuntu on my Dell Laptop (soon to also be Mint and maybe a third Dirstro), but that's because it's a dying computer and I still need it to work. On my desktop I run Windows 10, which Win 10 is nice, just hate that I cannot lock down privacy things, but I've given up on that since I do need to use Windows to make games, software, use Adobe, play games, etc.

Brah, do you even Java?