How much or long can an iPhone 7plus stand rain?

WolfLoverPro

I gotta iPhone 7plus but in general I've had almost every iPhone on my contract and I've always wanted to know if I stood out in the rain using my phone how much really could it take ?

ive never tried with any iPhone because I siding want to wreck it but IVE SEEN people hold on iPads out in flooding rain like what? Won't it break?

Whats its I.P. rating?

28 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

I gotta iPhone 7plus but in general I've had almost every iPhone on my contract and I've always wanted to know if I stood out in the rain using my phone how much really could it take ?

ive never tried with any iPhone because I siding want to wreck it but IVE SEEN people hold on iPads out in flooding rain like what? Won't it break?

iPads... yes they'll break they aren't IP rated afaik from Apples website. Thats their loss then :)

iPhone 7 series can tolerate rain well [I have one myself like you describe, and I can testify it] as theres little to no pressure involved with rain in comparison to something else slightly more extreme [ie submersion over a certain depth for xx minutes]. It is officially stated IP67 resistant.

im personally more concerned with submersion as the pressure is trying to combat with the ingress protection [ip] of the phone alone... rain should be nothing to be honest. You can get caught in for a minute or two in the heavy rain & you'd still be fine.

as for how much it can really take it depends on many factors, how long did you have the phone for [the seals dont last forever eventually they fade after awhile and the phone becomes vulnerable (i base this assumption for safety reasons, nothing lasts forever usually)] did you drop the phone? [can merss up with seal structure potentially]. this is subjective and can range well from person to person as not every phone is created equally [in terms of seal]

i had a defective iPhone 7 Plus that died under sprinkling water due to a fauty seal but at least got it exchanged for free since it was damaged on Day 1 rather than 2-3 weeks later. So the possibility is there. We never know.

but if nothing of the above happen or is short, you should be fine! :) 

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

iPhone 7 Plus has a IP67 rating. (info taken from official Apple website)
Knowing this you can easily ascertain how much and how long can be in the rain for.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

IP67 is the protection against dust and being submerged in less than 1 meter of "static" water. it SHOULD be fine in light rain, but i wouldn't recommend standing out in the raid holding it in your hand.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒