Skyrim SE mods to make use of my 1080ti

JerrBear

I was just about to continue my Skyrim SE (still in the beginning, just never got around to play it much). But now I have a GTX 1080ti, what mods should I install to make use of the graphics horsepower?

Also are the 1-click install mods from the main menu garbage or is that the ideal way to install them now?

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • RAM = Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-2666
  • Storage = Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
  • GPU = EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

There's a couple of mods that overhaul the shaders to 'pretty' up the game. Very subjective whether they're better or not, but a look at nexusmods top files doesn't hurt for good options.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/top/?

Also if you haven't already, I HIGHLY recommend trying out The Witcher 3. Game is gorgeous and had me hooked for 400 hours, and it has similar mod support to bethesda titles.

16 minutes ago, xVIP said:

There's a couple of mods that overhaul the shaders to 'pretty' up the game. Very subjective whether they're better or not, but a look at nexusmods top files doesn't hurt for good options.

Also if you haven't already, I HIGHLY recommend trying out The Witcher 3. Game is gorgeous and had me hooked for 400 hours, and it has similar mod support to bethesda titles.

I wish I could get into Witcher 3, but I can't. I bought Witcher 2, played it for the first 10 minutes and stopped since I died all the time. Then I bought Witcher 3 and played it for 30 minutes, but now I don't want to continue because I need to find some kid to an a-hole which happens to be a king. Oh yeah, also the combat is still very hard.

The original skyrim has more mods in general, but if you just google "skyrim special edition graphics overhaul", you'll find mods that will make it prettier and a more demanding game.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

22 hours ago, xVIP said:

Thanks for the link and explanation.

I have the Witcher 3 installed but not yet played at all. Would you recommend shader packs or anything to spice up that or is vanilla great?

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • RAM = Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-2666
  • Storage = Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
  • GPU = EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

15 hours ago, JerrBear said:

Thanks for the link and explanation.

I have the Witcher 3 installed but not yet played at all. Would you recommend shader packs or anything to spice up that or is vanilla great?

Vanilla visuals are solid, however the 1080ti should get you into the 100+FPS realm at 1440p so something like Halk Hogan's newly released graphics overhaul would be a great option.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021/?

There is also a mod (can't remember name, will add if I find) that gives you full control of all the graphics options under the hood, which can really max out the graphics your system can handle.

On 7/22/2017 at 2:53 AM, Underi said:

I wish I could get into Witcher 3, but I can't. I bought Witcher 2, played it for the first 10 minutes and stopped since I died all the time. Then I bought Witcher 3 and played it for 30 minutes, but now I don't want to continue because I need to find some kid to an a-hole which happens to be a king. Oh yeah, also the combat is still very hard.

The original skyrim has more mods in general, but if you just google "skyrim special edition graphics overhaul", you'll find mods that will make it prettier and a more demanding game.

Set the difficulty to easy.

In combat: spam tumble/roll and Quen spell

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

On 7/22/2017 at 5:32 AM, xVIP said:

and it has similar mod support to bethesda titles.

As someone who has tried to learn what I can about modding The Witcher 3, I think that's a very overly generous statement. Modding support in The Witcher 3 is functional but heavily limited and far harder to work with than The Elder Scrolls or Fallout. The fact that the modding community is as good and active as it is attests to what a great game it is. I wouldn't steer anyone away from using mods in TW3, but it is nowhere near as simple a process to heavily mod TW3 as it is to heavily mod Skyrim.