How to connect HDMI in to see through PC

Go to solution Solved by Changis,
21 minutes ago, ZeroF0X said:

So I have a simple question, but here is the scenario: While I sit here waiting in a queue to play, I want to play my switch, but I think the screen is too tiny. Desktop isn't in the same room as the TV and Switch; and I have two perfectly good monitors but no addtional ports to plug the HDMI on the Dock for the Switch... Is there any card or something I could throw into my pc so then I can just play my consoles within the PC in a window? 

HDMI splitter? changing input via remote should be as fast as opening/closing a viewer on the computer.
my old tv had 1 hdmi, a splitter gave me 3 more (4 total) HDMI inputs so then  i could have my PC, playstation, Xbox and TV box connected and just had to press a button to change between them

So I have a simple question, but here is the scenario: While I sit here waiting in a queue to play, I want to play my switch, but I think the screen is too tiny. Desktop isn't in the same room as the TV and Switch; and I have two perfectly good monitors but no addtional ports to plug the HDMI on the Dock for the Switch... Is there any card or something I could throw into my pc so then I can just play my consoles within the PC in a window? 

PiP (your monitor doesn't support that)

add a capture card and stream it to yourself in windowed mode .. not fun

emulator

just grab your phone..

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Fair enough, Thought I would try and ask before giving up on that.

21 minutes ago, ZeroF0X said:

HDMI splitter? changing input via remote should be as fast as opening/closing a viewer on the computer.
my old tv had 1 hdmi, a splitter gave me 3 more (4 total) HDMI inputs so then  i could have my PC, playstation, Xbox and TV box connected and just had to press a button to change between them

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

9 hours ago, Changis said:

Hm, that would be an easy fix there! I think I'll give that a shot.

1 hour ago, ZeroF0X said:

Hm, that would be an easy fix there! I think I'll give that a shot.

just digged up my old one, it's a 4 port HDMI Switch, an Aten VS481a, it also has rs232 control and a IR remote..
if you get something like that, as well as a Logitech harmony remote, you can program "macros"to for instance switch hdmi input and sound source with one button

also i think a splitter will just split the image, you'll need a switch, my bad, had a brain fart :P

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU