Intel HD graphics audio over DVI

Hey there

Im trying to use an old pc as my media center and connect it to my HDTV.
It has an i3 2100 and an iGPU on win 10(dont really need more than that),the thing is the board only has DVI and VGA and im trying to use HDMI.

So i got myself a DVI to HDMI adapter since i also saw in a few places online that DVI can use audio as well.

Anyway the thing is that its not working and i guess i have to change something in the setting in order for it to work at all.

could really use your help

thx

Audio cannot travel over DVI. You will need to get an adapter that splits the hdmi to DVI + 3.5mm

3 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

Audio cannot travel over DVI. You will need to get an adapter that splits the hdmi to DVI + 3.5mm

it can unofficially.

but thats the same as using an HDMI cable to pass through 24v unofficially 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

17 minutes ago, N3tbloe said:

Hey there

Im trying to use an old pc as my media center and connect it to my HDTV.
It has an i3 2100 and an iGPU on win 10(dont really need more than that),the thing is the board only has DVI and VGA and im trying to use HDMI.

So i got myself a DVI to HDMI adapter since i also saw in a few places online that DVI can use audio as well.

Anyway the thing is that its not working and i guess i have to change something in the setting in order for it to work at all.

could really use your help

thx

Audio will only work when using a DVI to HDMI adapter from a DVI source to an HDMI display.

EDIT: That's what you're using, sorry I read it wrong. It may be the integrated GPU just doesn't support HDMI signals through the DVI port. Graphics cards have been able to do it for many years but I don't know if Intel ever added that capability to their integrated graphics.

I see

ill wait for more reasuring comment about the igpu since thats basically where my answer will come from

bump

Is there a way to connect the HDMI just for video and something like aux for audio at the same time on my TV?

Would an easy fix just be getting a really cheap gpu that has HDMI on it?