Best Home Wi-Fi Solution

VictorVitao666

I'm going to be moving soon and have an opportunity to make a fresh start on my home Wi-Fi. My current setup is horrible, it consists of a AC router+AP in my bedroom and a repeater in the living room and i don't want to use that never again in my life. I would like some suggestions on solutions that provide like a mesh coverage, like seamless transition between APs. My new home is gonna be a little smaller than my current one but i want to make sure that i have my entire house on full coverage.   

don't make a fresh start of your wifi make a fresh start on your wired ethernet wired is just so much better then wifi. then just leave your current wifi set up for the stuff that dont have wired ports

Just now, Alaradia said:

don't make a fresh start of your wifi make a fresh start on your wired ethernet wired is just so much better then wifi. then just leave your current wifi set up for the stuff that dont have wired ports

I would like to make that as well, what you you recommend?

Get a good base router that covers your house and then if possible use a switch to run ethernet cables to the house, if not possible you could use powerline systems

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

1 hour ago, VictorVitao666 said:

I'm going to be moving soon and have an opportunity to make a fresh start on my home Wi-Fi. My current setup is horrible, it consists of a AC router+AP in my bedroom and a repeater in the living room and i don't want to use that never again in my life. I would like some suggestions on solutions that provide like a mesh coverage, like seamless transition between APs. My new home is gonna be a little smaller than my current one but i want to make sure that i have my entire house on full coverage.   

Best solution is get a good wired router. Then run wireless AP's where you need and wire those back to the main router. Ubiquiti AP's seem to be the best, plus they generally do good when it comes to roaming. Also like stated above, run Ethernet where you can. Also I would say to make sure the AP's are dual band. 5Ghz is your friend, great when 2.4Ghz is congested and supports faster speeds on WiFi. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.