Grammar test before you can post.

kelvinhall05
3 hours ago, AUniqueName said:

Not sure what's worse, peepol talkin lik dis or someone who thinks this is an idea that would actually have any amount of consideration from the forum team....................

Well, again, aside from all other possible relevant things that could be mentioned, I will say this: The only way to do this well would be to manually review each and every person by hand, and there are new members joining the forum WAY too frequently for that to be even close to doable.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, again, aside from all other possible relevant things that could be mentioned, I will say this: The only way to do this well would be to manually review each and every person by hand, and there are new members joining the forum WAY too frequently for that to be even close to doable.

The only feasible way of doing it would be multiple choice questions really

Why do we care if peepol teyp likz thiz?

I don't know what's more aggravating to me, someone who feels the need to always criticize other people or someone who easily get their feathers tickled because another person is typing likz thiz. Are you the kind of guy who hates other folks by the way they dress? How they talk? I rather spend time with someone who typiz like diz and laugh a lot than with people like OP who thinks he has the right to criticize how others type on the internet.

At the end of the day a grammar test to post or to join is not a good idea in my opinion for a variety of reasons, ranging from the workload it would create to the issue of people who join from other countries and aren't perfectly fluent yet, but still speak and/or write well enough to communicate perfectly well.

That said if people really are typing total gibberish it could be considered spam and would be removed.  If they can't be bothered to put in a minimal amount of effort to create a readable post, they don't deserve help and it counts as clutter.  We try to be helpful here but it has to be a 2-way street.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

20 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I'd have auto 24h cooldown to anyone who

1. Takes thread completely off rails.

What do you think of potatoes? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III