Switch Sennheiser HD558 out for HD6XX OR AKG K7XX?

Janeyadonnah

So I currently have the Sennheiser HD 558 (which currently go for 178€ new/80€ used) and I just saw the Massdrop HD 6XX on sale again for 184,44€.

Is the sound quality so much better (maybe also the comfort level?) that it would be worth to sell my current headphones and purchase the 6xx?

Or even buy two 6xx and then resell them on ebay as the equal HD650 go for around 339€ new/280€ used?

I just saw another offer for the Massdrop x AKG K7XX (178€ new) which are (as far is I understood) the same as the AKG K702 65th-anniversary edition (went for ~330€ before it wasn't available any more). Would that even be a better offer?

blubb

4 minutes ago, TechTi said:

If u got the money go for it 

I woudn't. I would be looking at a bigger upgrade if you wanted too

My life

it's pretty good. I would go for it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

For $200, yes. Even if you don't find much sonic benefit, just about every part of the HD 650 can be replaced without tools by the user for not much money, including the drivers. 

11 minutes ago, SSL said:

For $200, yes. Even if you don't find much sonic benefit, just about every part of the HD 650 can be replaced without tools by the user for not much money, including the drivers. 

what do you mean by sonic benefit? 

3 hours ago, Technicolors said:

what do you mean by sonic benefit? 

Exactly what I said?

sonic: denoting, relating to, or of the nature of sound or sound waves.

benefit: an advantage or profit gained from something.

I just saw another offer for the Massdrop x AKG K7XX (178€ new) which are (as far is I understood) the same as the AKG K702 65th-anniversary edition (went for ~330€ before it wasn't available any more). Would that even be a better offer?

Link: CLICK ME

blubb

7 hours ago, Klorkson said:

No.

8 hours ago, Klorkson said:

no. Hd6xx are better.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yes go for it as long as you don't mind waiting 6 months for the 6XXs to arrive.