built first system and it won't post. need help

9volt_battery

it uses the asus maximus ix hero mobo a 7700k evga gtx 1080ti need help with it. thanks

Qualified Dumbass 

4 minutes ago, 9volt_battery said:

it uses the asus maximus ix hero mobo a 7700k evga gtx 1080ti need help with it. thanks

Ummmm........what is it doing...

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Try cheking that the cable that goes from your power on button is connected to the good port

What is happening? Full specs?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

9 minutes ago, charrst said:

Does the computer turn on, or does it just have nothing showing up on the monitor?

nothing shows up

Qualified Dumbass 

9 minutes ago, TechTi said:

Try cheking that the cable that goes from your power on button is connected to the good port

did that

Qualified Dumbass 

10 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

Ummmm........what is it doing...

nothing comes up when I turn it on

Qualified Dumbass 

2 minutes ago, 9volt_battery said:

here's a photo

IMG_7769[1].JPG

that fan is spinning not Shure why its not in this

Qualified Dumbass 

1 minute ago, charrst said:

So the fan is spinning, so that means the motherboard has power and your power button works. Your GPU clearly has power. You have RAM... But when you plug it into a display, nothing shows up? You clearly have some numbers showing up on the little display at the top of the motherboard.

I found this chart on ASUS' website. Look at the codes the motherboard displays and see if these help.

Hide contents

Capture.PNG.63e5d5772bbce86424dfe74a3ae61ef5.PNG

I looked at those codes and it seems normal

Qualified Dumbass 

cpu has power waiting on an optical drive frys salesperson was going to get me one but forgot  

Qualified Dumbass 

Just now, charrst said:

Well your motherboard has a yellow light under the numbers in your second picture, saying that the only problem is that the display isn't plugged in at that moment. So as far as it is aware, the CPU and RAM are fine. Assuming that the monitor is connected to the computer, everything should theoretically be fine.

that's what I thought but I guess not

Qualified Dumbass 

i had a similar problem i cleaned my ram with rubbing alcohol and it worked fine