should I take the risk?

Well he says he is selling it for parts only, not for use, so it probably doesnt work. But if you have lots of money you can just take the risk.

No way!  The seller admits that it's for parts only, so what parts are you going to remove from it so that you can use?  Are those just few parts worth $55.00?  Not in my book.

Just now, VenomZ_ said:

I think we all dream of this

We all do.

Just now, kb5zue said:

No way!  The seller admits that it's for parts only, so what parts are you going to remove from it so that you can use?  Are those just few parts worth $55.00?  Not in my book.

I mean if he does say its untested so if it works i hit the jackpot its really a gamble

Just now, VenomZ_ said:

I mean if he does say its untested so if it works i hit the jackpot its really a gamble

I would NOT take the risk.  I would rather put that $55 towards upgrading my GPU or for upgrading my CPU cooling with an AIO.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

3 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

fair enough idrc about my main pc anymore tho got a 4790k hooked up with a rx460 does everythin i want

If the one that you have does everything that you want, then why take the risk on this other motherboard?  The other board just seems too risky.  The seller has NO ratings, No feedback, nothing.  And as for parts, there really isn't a lot of things that you can salvage for parts from a motherboard.  Think about it, desoldering a resistor or two, maybe a cap or two?  Yes you can remove any heatsinks from the board but why?  The heatsinks are designed and manufactured specifically for that board.  So, are a couple of resistors, a cap or two and a heatsink really worth $55.  Nope.

Asus Pegatron IPMTB‑TK Intel X58 

Image result for Asus/Pegatron IPMTB-TK xeon

I have no idea if this crap overclocks or even supports xeons that are based on lga 1366 but I found this to be the cheapest option for lga 1366 on hp site it says it only supports like 2 i7s but then again you never know because I got core 2 quads to run on a optiplex 745 which was not supported

13 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

*snip*

Threads merged.

Making multiple threads about the same topic (asking advice in this case) isn't allowed (spam rule from the Community Standards).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !