Cablemod ideas

xsimplyjosh

**Noobie in the forum, please help me out all appreciated**

so i kinda hate corsair's supplied stock modular cables due to the bunching up and looks funny and for awhile been thinking but now i am looking at cablemod for some asthetic and neater cable design

im thinking of red and black themed build. i know the necessary ones are usually the 24pin atx connector & the 6+2/8pcie cables.

my question is, are the molex cables and sata worth the extra buy? or would the above two suffice for most pro builds. most of those two cables would be at most hiding behind the back and never in the front...

also which cord would you recommend the mod flex or mod mesh... very torn between deciding the two.:(

thanks, anyone with pictures would also help graeatly as im looking for some quick ideas on how to do up my new upcoming build [or more like upgrade]

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

Ask @CableMod. They've got a rep on the forum, and they'll be able to help you out. If you post a parts list, they can probs help you find the best match for your build (personally I'm going to get the modmesh carbon ones when I upgrade to Ryzen)

Edited by Zando Bob
Had to correct autocorrect's incorrectness.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, xsimplyjosh said:

**Noobie in the forum, please help me out all appreciated**

so i kinda hate corsair's supplied stock modular cables due to the bunching up and looks funny and for awhile been thinking but now i am looking at cablemod for some asthetic and neater cable design

im thinking of red and black themed build. i know the necessary ones are usually the 24pin atx connector & the 6+2/8pcie cables.

my question is, are the molex cables and sata worth the extra buy? or would the above two suffice for most pro builds. most of those two cables would be at most hiding behind the back and never in the front...

also which cord would you recommend the mod flex or mod mesh... very torn between deciding the two.:(

thanks, anyone with pictures would also help graeatly as im looking for some quick ideas on how to do up my new upcoming build [or more like upgrade]

@xsimplyjosh some cases you don't need the additional cables, but some prefer it. If yours aren't showing and you don't care about the added aesthetics on the back side, if you don't show it off for example, then you wouldn't need it and it would save you money. :)
If you want some more direct help, please email Matt@CableMod.com and we can review your parts list, and help with the differences in sleeving so you can better get what you need and want.

15 hours ago, CableMod said:

@xsimplyjosh some cases you don't need the additional cables, but some prefer it. If yours aren't showing and you don't care about the added aesthetics on the back side, if you don't show it off for example, then you wouldn't need it and it would save you money. :)
If you want some more direct help, please email Matt@CableMod.com and we can review your parts list, and help with the differences in sleeving so you can better get what you need and want.

@CableMod thanks for the prompt reply! I'm only having one case with a side window (1 only) as im pretty sure the back tends to be a disaster sometimes no matter and the case i'm getting [if that matters] = CoolerMaster MasterCase 5 Pro has the windowed side..

Parts list if it's relevant [if any]:
GPU : Asus strix 1080Ti
CPU : [i dont think this really applies but 7700k]
Case : CoolerMaster MasterCase 5 Pro
Memory : Gskill ripjaws V 3GHz 16GB ddr4

psu: rm750x

HDD/SSD : 1TB 3.5" hdd // 250GB 2.5" Ssd

AIO: corsair h115i

mobo: z270H asus strix 

case/radiatorfans: corsair ml140 reds led and ml120s red led

Particularly black/red is the theme im aiming for, don't mind more red but if you have idea on how the black can blend in with red [cable wise] would be lovely for me to tinker about :) [yes all potential RGb will be changed to red only if any]

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

10 minutes ago, xsimplyjosh said:

@CableMod thanks for the prompt reply! I'm only having one case with a side window (1 only) as im pretty sure the back tends to be a disaster sometimes no matter and the case i'm getting [if that matters] = CoolerMaster MasterCase 5 Pro has the windowed side..

Parts list if it's relevant [if any]:
GPU : Asus strix 1080Ti
CPU : [i dont think this really applies but 7700k]
Case : CoolerMaster MasterCase 5 Pro
Memory : Gskill ripjaws V 3GHz 16GB ddr4

psu: rm750x

HDD/SSD : 1TB 3.5" hdd // 250GB 2.5" Ssd

AIO: corsair h115i

mobo: z270H asus strix 

case/radiatorfans: corsair ml140 reds led and ml120s red led

Particularly black/red is the theme im aiming for, don't mind more red but if you have idea on how the black can blend in with red [cable wise] would be lovely for me to tinker about :) [yes all potential RGb will be changed to red only if any]

@xsimplyjosh so from the list you'll want the following:

1x 24-pin ATX

1x 4+4 EPS

2x 8-pin PCI-E (or 2x 6+2-pin PCI-E)

Optional:

SATA Power (Current configuration I would recommend quad for the option to add HDD's or SSD's later, and LED control)
SATA Data (Found here: https://store.cablemod.com/products/?filter_product-category=sata-data-cables)

Molex

@CableMod thanks for the suggestions :) i will get the above mentioned ones [minus the optionals] seeing those would stick out at the front

---

4 hours ago, xsimplyjosh said:

@CableMod thanks for the suggestions :) i will get the above mentioned ones [minus the optionals] seeing those would stick out at the front

@xsimplyjosh perfect, thank you for your support. :)