Google rolling out Play Protect,anti-malware for apps

zxsq

Original from engadget

The company tells us that it's rolling out its Play Protect home screen to every Android device running Google Mobile Services 11 or newer. If you see it (it's in in the Google section of your settings, under Security), you'll know that your device has scanned apps to make sure they're clean.

As for that Play Protect card in the Play Store app? For that, you'll have to wait. It's starting to roll out as we write this, but it'll take it a while before you get this at-a-glance look at your app security. When it does hit, though, you'll have frequent reminders that Google is keeping an eye on your apps. It's not a surefire security method (especially if you tend to download apps from outside the Play Store), but it's an improvement.

So it looks like those recent ransomware apps won't be too regular anymore, but that it may not work on sideloaded apps at all? And it might be some kind of a launcher, but i'd hope not.

Good I needed to know this if anyone was doing anything about it because the switch for me is soon

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500