Windows reinstall! Help**

Jayxrealz
Go to solution Solved by Leonard,

@Jayxrealz you are in a real damned if you do and damned if you don't situation, on one hand it would be better to do the fresh install but fresh installs will erase any settings/configurations you have now and then you have the hassle of reinstalling drivers, configuring and doing updates, and on the other hand, if you do a "clean" install from the Windows you may very well have more botched issues.

I would do the fresh install but it is because i find the hassle of reinstalling proper drivers and reconfiguring my Windows is better than having to work out a botched Windows revert thing.

Try and find a fix for the Adobe issue first. What is the issue with it exactly?

Hello recently I have been having issues with adobe premiere, they suggested I do a reinstall of windows and start over (pain in the ass) my question is, should I go through windows and do the reinstall from there in settings or should I boot from bios? Any advice is helpful! Thanks! 

@Jayxrealz you are in a real damned if you do and damned if you don't situation, on one hand it would be better to do the fresh install but fresh installs will erase any settings/configurations you have now and then you have the hassle of reinstalling drivers, configuring and doing updates, and on the other hand, if you do a "clean" install from the Windows you may very well have more botched issues.

I would do the fresh install but it is because i find the hassle of reinstalling proper drivers and reconfiguring my Windows is better than having to work out a botched Windows revert thing.

Try and find a fix for the Adobe issue first. What is the issue with it exactly?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

12 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I agree with the fresh install, would I need to some how delete what I already have or will all that be erased on its own? Will my hard drives be erased? Or do I have to do that? Honestly, it wouldn't be a crazy thing because my build is only about 3 months old I do t have much in there either way. The issue is that it doesn't open, it will initialize sometimes but with way it would get stuck.. so I contacted them, they were using my computer remote, couldn't figure it out so they suggested to reinstall windows. 

15 minutes ago, Jayxrealz said:

I agree with the fresh install, would I need to some how delete what I already have or will all that be erased on its own? Will my hard drives be erased? Or do I have to do that? Honestly, it wouldn't be a crazy thing because my build is only about 3 months old I do t have much in there either way. The issue is that it doesn't open, it will initialize sometimes but with way it would get stuck.. so I contacted them, they were using my computer remote, couldn't figure it out so they suggested to reinstall windows. 

The fresh install can be done two ways, the 1st way, you can install Win10 and not format the boot disk and then Windows, once there is enough capacity on the disk, will put all your previous OS data like Desktop, Photos and the C drive in a folder called windows.old, then install a new clean Win10 version and you can just grab what you need/want from the windows.old and put it in the fresh install, the 2nd, when you reach the format part of the new install you can format the boot disk and that will erase the old version of Win10 and then Windows will install the new version with no windows.old folder and you will need some 3rd party software to get back any data that was written over.

With a fresh install only the boot disk gets the OS installed on it not say you backups unless you choose that specific disk,. Now you have to be careful at the format part of a fresh install because you can format all the disk there if you choose to but only an inexperienced person would do that as you will always want to install the OS on the C drive and not say back up D or E.

have you tried to just reinstall the whole Adobe CS and not just Premier?

31 minutes ago, Leonard said:

The fresh install can be done two ways, the 1st way, you can install Win10 and not format the boot disk and then Windows, once there is enough capacity on the disk, will put all your previous OS data like Desktop, Photos and the C drive in a folder called windows.old, then install a new clean Win10 version and you can just grab what you need/want from the windows.old and put it in the fresh install, the 2nd, when you reach the format part of the new install you can format the boot disk and that will erase the old version of Win10 and then Windows will install the new version with no windows.old folder and you will need some 3rd party software to get back any data that was written over.

With a fresh install only the boot disk gets the OS installed on it not say you backups unless you choose that specific disk,. Now you have to be careful at the format part of a fresh install because you can format all the disk there if you choose to but only an inexperienced person would do that as you will always want to install the OS on the C drive and not say back up D or E.

have you tried to just reinstall the whole Adobe CS and not just Premier?

The only thing I would need is drivers/games/adobe, there isn't much on my pc. These two ways that you just mentioned would it be through the bios boot menu or through windows settings? 

I have already uninstalled adobe completely, and I am going to try and reinstall it before I do the windows reinstall. 

5 hours ago, Jayxrealz said:

The only thing I would need is drivers/games/adobe, there isn't much on my pc. These two ways that you just mentioned would it be through the bios boot menu or through windows settings? 

I have already uninstalled adobe completely, and I am going to try and reinstall it before I do the windows reinstall. 

The two ways is really through your install device, be it a flash drive, dvd disk or other, not each one would appear in the BIOS but what the BIOS is about is just choosing the boot options so that the media that you have the OS install files on will boot first and register in order for you to go ahead and install Windows.

If you have not uninstalled the settings and configurations for Adobe then it isn't really uninstalled. Now you can go and check like the C drive and make sure that the Adobe folder is actually gone to ensure all links are gone. Adobe always leaves a trace when uninstalled and i idk why but that is how it is.

Another thing that crossed my mind is you are sure you updated the various Adobe programs via the Adobe updater that comes with the CS collection?

Hope you successfully fix your issue.

5 hours ago, Leonard said:

The two ways is really through your install device, be it a flash drive, dvd disk or other, not each one would appear in the BIOS but what the BIOS is about is just choosing the boot options so that the media that you have the OS install files on will boot first and register in order for you to go ahead and install Windows.

If you have not uninstalled the settings and configurations for Adobe then it isn't really uninstalled. Now you can go and check like the C drive and make sure that the Adobe folder is actually gone to ensure all links are gone. Adobe always leaves a trace when uninstalled and i idk why but that is how it is.

Another thing that crossed my mind is you are sure you updated the various Adobe programs via the Adobe updater that comes with the CS collection?

Hope you successfully fix your issue.

Ok cool, i think i got the install part. I went through the files, the Adobe folder is gone, but there is a Programs x86 folder that has a adobe folder that for some reason i cant delete? says i need permissions which i have tried to get but doesn't allow me to change permissions on my admin account and yes all apps were up to date. updates automatically from creative cloud.