Windows Media recovery

Drew Learns Tech

So I'm trying to recover stuff from my hard drive but when I look for the virtual disk image it doesn't show up. Is my backup broken?

It maybe but it is hard to really say. Why don't you use Recuva to recover the data, be it an image or whatever, then just take out what you want.

It would be nice to know like what OS and maybe some settings fro people to offer suggestions to help you, none of us are the Amazing Carnak.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

43 minutes ago, Leonard said:

It maybe but it is hard to really say. Why don't you use Recuva to recover the data, be it an image or whatever, then just take out what you want.

It would be nice to know like what OS and maybe some settings fro people to offer suggestions to help you, none of us are the Amazing Carnak.

All I know is that it is a Windows 7 backup from a Windows 10 computer it was a VHDX file I think.

6 minutes ago, Drew Learns Tech said:

All I know is that it is a Windows 7 backup from a Windows 10 computer it was a VHDX file I think.

So you are trying to retrieve data from a Win7 backup for a Win10 OS?....if that is the case you can't do that, you can revert from Win10 to Win7. What, if any, is the actually error message you are getting?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.