Dedicated Streaming PC

So I've been trying to get into streaming and with only having a 6600K., I've been hitting some bottlenecks with the CPU.

My idea is to build a second PC to handle to encoding, and as well do my rendering for videos, but I haven't been able to find anywhere what is recommended for specs for such a PC. I'm also trying to keep it pretty cheap, and I found out that the x5650 seems like a viable option when overclocked. What are your opinions on this? And what should I pair with it to keep it cheap?

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, myspeakersaremuffled said:

Do you have a budget?

As cheap as possible without skipping on important bits

A mid to high end Intel NUC and what ever capture card you were going to get unless you have one already

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Sierra Fox said:

A mid to high end Intel NUC and what ever capture card you were going to get unless you have one already

How much is a mid to high end NUC?

1 minute ago, itrr14 said:

How much is a mid to high end NUC?

Don't know what country you're in, so no idea.

You can get a i7 skull canyon NUC for under $600usd on Amazon which could easily do 1080p@60

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

Don't know what country you're in, so no idea.

You can get a i7 skull canyon NUC for under $600usd on Amazon which could easily do 1080p@60

My Location tells you... Canada

Just now, itrr14 said:

My Location tells you... Canada

Not on mobile it doesn't.

We'll have a look at your local tech stores and see what they stock and their prices. I7s would do 1080, i5s for 720 anything under that is not worth it

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

31 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

Not on mobile it doesn't.

We'll have a look at your local tech stores and see what they stock and their prices. I7s would do 1080, i5s for 720 anything under that is not worth it

That's still awefully expensive when I built my PC just a year ago.. And I would rather build it with the X5650 for cheaper, I was just wondering if it was viable.

18 hours ago, itrr14 said:

That's still awefully expensive when I built my PC just a year ago.. And I would rather build it with the X5650 for cheaper, I was just wondering if it was viable.

What are you trying to do /stream if you are hitting CPU bottleneck? Basically you could get laptop and capture card and that would be enough for basic streaming pc. Capture card will handle encoding after all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

31 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What are you trying to do /stream if you are hitting CPU bottleneck? Basically you could get laptop and capture card and that would be enough for basic streaming pc. Capture card will handle encoding after all.

Ok I have a Laptop with a 4500U i5 2C/4T, would that be powerful enough for streaming what the capture card captures?

1 hour ago, itrr14 said:

Ok I have a Laptop with a 4500U i5 2C/4T, would that be powerful enough for streaming what the capture card captures?

I need more info what are you trying to do. For basic stuff that should be enough. Like 720p30. And if it isn't you can move on with more powerful streaming PC. Capture card is still key part there and those are easy $80-150 for good ones.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I need more info what are you trying to do. For basic stuff that should be enough. Like 720p30. And if it isn't you can move on with more powerful streaming PC. Capture card is still key part there and those are easy $80-150 for good ones.

Basically looking to stream 720p60fps on Youtube or Twitch. My built pc with a 6600k is bottlenecked by the cpu when it comes to streaming so I'm looking to offload onto another PC

12 hours ago, itrr14 said:

Basically looking to stream 720p60fps on Youtube or Twitch. My built pc with a 6600k is bottlenecked by the cpu when it comes to streaming so I'm looking to offload onto another PC

How you notice bottlenecking? I got 2 gen older i7 and I'm pretty sure it could handle 60fps. Anyway, since you will need capture card regardless, I recommend you look which has features you will need. Like most of them use HDMI vs DP as connector.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv