A Wireless Mouse That Lasts FOREVER! - HOLY $H!T Ep. 20

Posted on the YouTube video but will repeat here: OK Linus I have a question, I currently have a Glorious PC Gaming Race mouse pad that covers my desk. In fact its the same one as the white one you were using in the video only mine is black, could I stick the Powerplay under my mouse pad and have no problems with charging the mouse and having a smooth surface to glide on top of

The way I look at it is the mouse pad is actually not as expensive as it looks at first. The price tag is high for sure, but you're also getting two mouse mats that alone cost about £60 (probably $60) on Amazon, so that leaves the charging base costing around £/$40 - definitely not a bad price. G903 is expensive though, costs just as much as the old G900 back to its original launch. All things considered I don't think that the combo will drop the price by a lot. The mouse will get cheaper a little bit, but the mouse pad itself with no competition will probably keep it as it is for a while.

15 hours ago, AUniqueName said:

Can't be arsed watching the video

Me too

The thumbnail alone is juvenile, so I bet the mouse is like Mickey Mouse or something which is fitting.

Any ole wireless mouse will do for me.

16 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Only time I payed for a mouse was when I wanted to play cs:go abroad. 5 bucks...

Do you steal your computer mice the rest of the time?

43 minutes ago, FartingBob said:

Do you steal your computer mice the rest of the time?

I "find" my peripherals :P 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Watching this really reminded me of the Wacom Graphire 4 that I used to have, which came with a "wireless" mouse. Like the pen, the mouse has to be over the active area of the tablet to be able to receive power and communicate button/scroll input to the tablet (the tablet tracks the pen/mouse with its antenna grid thing. Obviously the PowerPlay is much different.

Because I found that my Cordless Optical Trackman uses between 2-9mA of power, and its receiver uses about 10mA last August, I wasn't too surprised that the battery percentage didn't move at all with however much Linus gamed with the mouse. Yay for Logitech's power efficiency? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just a couple cents of mine that I wanted to toss in. >.> *flees*

Love the idea, and I don't find 100$ that excessive. Not cheap, but at least "reachable" by many budgets. If you go for this you go because you don't want cords and also you use a lot the mouse, not because it looks neat, for that get a Razer Mamba, that thing is beautiful and comes with a huge impractical base to charge it up.

Why does Linus say this is the first wireless mouse with mousepad charging ? I had something like this in the early 2000s... sure, it wasn't as good, but it was the same thing basically.

Spoiler

sanwa400MA052feb28.jpg

Not an original idea like others have mentioned, but still a nice implementation. If it was a bit cheaper then I might consider grabbing one with a G703 to replace my ageing G9X. 

On 7/21/2017 at 3:12 AM, try2topdat said:

Yeah I pretty mutch have the same question.

Linus should test this and confirm if he got time.

A little of topic but why is the still of the hockey rink, the malmo arena in Malmö Sweden? (Where i work:))

My Logitech keyboard and mouse are still going strong after two years. So that's good enough for me

I converted my Gigabyte mouse to wireless power with a 4.2v lithium polymer 150mAh pack and a standard Qi charger. It uses a MSP430 mcu I was able to bridge over wireless rs232 since USB is serial anyways. but nice to see this available without hacking :)

this is worse than what i have already, because i have to use their shitty mousepad and that means that i would have to ditch my mousepad which covers all of my table, which prevents my wrist from resting on the sharp edge on the wood (because soft fabric >>>>>>>>> sharp edge on wood, even though both is bad) 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I'd rather see Edzel play with the mouse for the 30 minutes doing something like CS:GO and see if when being ACTUALLY MOVED AROUND (lets be honest that crap was basically sitting still for 90% of the time Linus was "playing") that it can still hold a charge.

Two hundred forty nine dollars for both mouse and pad? What?

Delid 8600K @ 5GHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming G1 | Phantex Enthoo Pro M SE | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX100 256GB | 3TB Toshiba P300 | Corsair AX750 Custom Sleeved | Dell U2515H | Custom Hardline Tubing: EK Supremacy + 240 Coolstream PE + DDC 3.1 Pump Res Combo/Extended Res/Meyhems Pastel White | Corsair K95 Platinum | Corsair M65 RGB | Bose Speakers + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro + AKG K240 MkII + Shure 840 | W10 Pro | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/socom_hero/saved/#view=NF74CJ

Definetly trashing my G700s for this.

Only question is - how can I get it in Canada?

8 hours ago, Ymac said:

Definetly trashing my G700s for this.

Only question is - how can I get it in Canada?

Did you check their website to see if they ship it to canada?

2 hours ago, Tech Learner said:

Did you check their website to see if they ship it to canada?

The US site doesn't ship to Canada, and the powerplay just doesnt exists in the Canadian site (though the 703 and 903 are available there)

Bummer.

2 hours ago, Ymac said:

The US site doesn't ship to Canada, and the powerplay just doesnt exists in the Canadian site (though the 703 and 903 are available there)

Bummer.

Wow sad to here it man. 

On 20/07/2017 at 7:48 PM, nicklmg said:

Buy Logitech G POWERPLAY
Amazon: http://geni.us/RTOF
Newegg: http://geni.us/KkiK
Logitech: http://geni.us/frbW

THE LOGITECH G POWERPLAY IS HERE, AND THE FUTURE IS NOW. NO CABLES, NO PROBLEMS! 

*cough* *cough* I had this mouse (picture) about 15 years ago, just dug it out when I head Linus say that this Logitech one is the first of its kind... Well, sorry liperino. A4-tech beat 'em too it by over a decade. 

This one even has a tune button, and INTERNET 5K. Which must mean its bloody brilliant.

index

IMG_20170726_204949.jpg

IMG_20170726_205001.jpg

IMG_20170726_205027.jpg

IMG_20170726_204940.jpg

well, actually, I once had a mouse charging from its own mat. In fact, it was working only while placed on the mat. IDK if links are allowed here, but you can find it very easy by putting a4tech NB-30D into your favorite search engine.

• 1 year later...
On 7/20/2017 at 2:48 PM, nicklmg said:

Buy Logitech G POWERPLAY
Amazon: http://geni.us/RTOF
Newegg: http://geni.us/KkiK
Logitech: http://geni.us/frbW

THE LOGITECH G POWERPLAY IS HERE, AND THE FUTURE IS NOW. NO CABLES, NO PROBLEMS! 

can you turn off the annoying rgb lights and does the mat and base slip around all over the place?

• 1 year later...