Does DTS UltraPC II on Realtek HD Audio actually works?

Hi guys,

I just bought a pair of Senheiser HD 598 SR and I also happen to have a bunch of album in FLAC quality. so far I've just plugged them into my Motherboard because why not (I mean the volume is High enough and I don't need to plug them to my Speaker pre-amp (found in the dumpster, that I use to spike the volume of a standalone speaker I also found in the dump years ago and it's just a Mono speaker used on old CRT Television..)https://i.imgur.com/TACd36B.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gkNBMCA.jpg

but since I have a Maximus V Formula with the SupremeFX audiocard(chip?) on board I thought what the heck, let's give it a try!

I attached the screen of the DTS UltraPC II screen, I enabled it and it just feels like it spiked up a bit the volume and tones (like the Loud setting on the equalizer so to speak) but I can't tell if it's actually improving music or not) https://i.imgur.com/IVSCcNp.png

I mean, should I just left the Equalizer on disabled and enjoy the FLAC music as it comes or I'm supposed to turn on those auto features to get the best out of it?
I'm not looking for perfection, those headphones sounds wayyy crispy than the current setup I'm used to as you can see. it's just that since I have this sound card I'm like: why not use it good at least?!

so what are you guys suggestion? Just leave everything disabled and listen to normal music or tweak something on the control panel? (or if there's a better software to tweak them)

2020 AMD Build:

Ryzen 3800x - Asus TUF x570 - Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600cl16 - ROG Strix GTX1070 OC 8G - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W - Sabrent Rocket 1TB

2012 Intel Build:

Intel i5-3570k @4.0Ghz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866 - XFX HD7970 GHz - Enermax Revolution87+ 650w - Crucial MX500 500GB

As long as you are plugging into back of motherboard and not front header. Then it mostly becomes personal preference, what sounds good and enjoyable to you? I have crosshair hero 6 and swap between music and gaming eq depending on what I'm doing. Are you listening to edm and what more bass, or gaming and want more focus on footsteps. Just play with it and see what you like. Options can add soundstage(surround feeling) or change sound curve to be more pleasant. Keep it off if you want it more "pure" and unboosted and like your headphones sound profile. 

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

8 hours ago, doits said:

As long as you are plugging into back of motherboard and not front header. Then it mostly becomes personal preference, what sounds good and enjoyable to you? I have crosshair hero 6 and swap between music and gaming eq depending on what I'm doing. Are you listening to edm and what more bass, or gaming and want more focus on footsteps. Just play with it and see what you like. Options can add soundstage(surround feeling) or change sound curve to be more pleasant. Keep it off if you want it more "pure" and unboosted and like your headphones sound profile. 

the Music settings with sound enhancement sound a bit too "fake" like it distorts some sounds.
but going back to no equalizer at all and it feels too flat lol.

Is there an easy guide or maybe a section in

where they cover the equalizer settings?

just to dive into it and thinker it around before deciding to stick with the default settings.

so far I like the "Live" equalizer setting for music except EDM/Electro. and for gaming I still have to try them out.

2020 AMD Build:

Ryzen 3800x - Asus TUF x570 - Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600cl16 - ROG Strix GTX1070 OC 8G - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W - Sabrent Rocket 1TB

2012 Intel Build:

Intel i5-3570k @4.0Ghz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866 - XFX HD7970 GHz - Enermax Revolution87+ 650w - Crucial MX500 500GB

This post helped me understand it: 

Sonic Studio 3 came with my asus board and I use a custom eq to adjust it to my taste, but the preset eq are "usually" good for what they are and I just listened to tracks I know well to notice differences and choose  eq. 

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

1 hour ago, doits said:

This post helped me understand it: 

Sonic Studio 3 came with my asus board and I use a custom eq to adjust it to my taste, but the preset eq are "usually" good for what they are and I just listened to tracks I know well to notice differences and choose  eq. 

wow this looks good! I'll check it out.

thanks a lot! :)

2020 AMD Build:

2012 Intel Build: