Tv vs monitor

Gsgamer
Go to solution Solved by DnFx91,

another thread where we just repeat what Linus said like its holy prophecy. Yes a TV has higher input lag, and yes it will be a detriment if you play competitive gaming, but the point is that if you are playing those kind of games, you already know damn well that you don't buy a TV, and if you don't play those kinds of games, the input lag means absolutely fuck all. Keep in mind that almost all console players use TV's.

I appreciate that Linus is a very reputable source of information, but there i still space for using your own common sense and logic. 

Hey guys I just wanna know which is better- 150$ tv vs 75$ monitor for a pc..

I use pc for everything (gaming , surfing etc)

Thanks!

PS:- I already have a 150$ pc so If the diff is small it will work . Thanks

The monitor would be your best choice, TVs usually have input lag and high response times (I think).

The cheapest unless you have use for the TV outside the PC

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Input lag on TVs are bad and annoying to play on when playing competitive games. If you aren't playing competitive games then it won't matter as much but I would get the monitor personally

That depends on what kind of gaming you do, and what else you need it for. What are the specs on the monitor and TV?

another thread where we just repeat what Linus said like its holy prophecy. Yes a TV has higher input lag, and yes it will be a detriment if you play competitive gaming, but the point is that if you are playing those kind of games, you already know damn well that you don't buy a TV, and if you don't play those kinds of games, the input lag means absolutely fuck all. Keep in mind that almost all console players use TV's.

I appreciate that Linus is a very reputable source of information, but there i still space for using your own common sense and logic. 

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64