Valuable upgrade?

Go to solution Solved by LooneyJuice,

In that case, if it's worth the extra time you'll save (for productivity), and the extra cores, and the relative pricing, I'd say why not? Otherwise you're looking at a new platform which will cost you way, way, way more than that if you decide to buy something decent and not a cheapo ITX board and an R5. Ivy Bridge E was actually pretty good too, so there's some OC headroom.

So I have my sistem since 2012 upgraded when the gpu died about 1 year ago I have a 3820 oc to 4.5 ghz and a pair of 390s al wc. I play at 4k res and do some video editing.

Is it worth for me to upgrade to a 4830k six core for 360$ and keep the system for a couple of more years?

You are going from 4 to 6 and one gen up, but I still think it may be a tad steep if that 4930k is used.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

12 minutes ago, LooneyJuice said:

You are going from 4 to 6 and one gen up, but I still think it may be a tad steep if that 4930k is used.

Yes it is used, prices for electronics in switzerland are very high even used

In that case, if it's worth the extra time you'll save (for productivity), and the extra cores, and the relative pricing, I'd say why not? Otherwise you're looking at a new platform which will cost you way, way, way more than that if you decide to buy something decent and not a cheapo ITX board and an R5. Ivy Bridge E was actually pretty good too, so there's some OC headroom.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

A bit expensive but if you can use the threads then sure

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016