Troubles installing Linux.

Hey guys, first time posting here so apologies if I've posted in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm trying to set up a dual boot for windows 10 and Ubuntu but after I select 'install Ubuntu' I get a crazy mash-up of what look like words then some kind of ding after about a minuet which I believe is apart of the installation.I have let this run for like two hours with no progress. I was just wondering if anybody could assist me with this issue, thanks.

20226740_1499403903452738_161176635_o.jpg

That's, uhh... reinstall Ubuntu and delete the partition it was on.

17 minutes ago, MrDad said:

I get a crazy mash-up of what look like words then some kind of ding after about a minuet which I believe is apart of the installation

not normal. Verify your download iso. Best way to download is via torrent as it has built in verification.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions. I can't reinstall Ubuntu since I haven't been able to install it to begin with. I have attempted to use about three different downloaded versions of Ubuntu and I just tried a torrented version and I still get the same result. 

As @Knowitall is suggesting perhaps try "try Ubuntu." Presuming you created the install media on a USB flash drive, as its set to be the primary boot drive in bios you can select to try Ubuntu and the computer will use Ubuntu on the flash drive. See if you can actually use the os first that way. 

Personally ive seen that happen within a boot up, and/or shutdown and the computer worked perfectly fine. It was just some odd start up or shut down thing that happened.