MSI Gaming Monitor 27 1920 x 1080 144Hz Refresh Rate (Optix G27C) Blue and Stuff Shadow Errors

So i recently bought this monitor and thought great a new monitor, curved, my size, and a good refresh rate, as well with MSI rig i got going on. Then i got the bright idea oh im maybe not playing on 144hz so i figure out how to turn on 144hz and i get it turned on and then about 30 mins go by into some super intense PUBG matches and im f**ked and im getting these weird shadow issues and weird blue shadows an such. well i took a screenshot and took a pic with my phone and then i restarted my computer an it was fixed on for momentarly minutes. I just now fixed it back to 60hz and i havnt played enough to figure out if its finally fixed but i cant play 144hz for some reason.

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS 07.19.2017 - 20.49.31.01.png

ERROR.jpg

Are you sure that's a display issue?  I would bet it's something to do with the GPU.  Is it overclocked at all?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Are you sure that's a display issue?  I would bet it's something to do with the GPU.  Is it overclocked at all?

no im not at all im running a 1070 and i figured it would be screen because that screenshot was taken with all the fuzz stuff but the screenshot wasnt showing up

Just now, Texan_Man said:

no its not at all im running a 1070 and i figured it would be screen because that screenshot was taken with all the fuzz stuff but the screenshot wasnt showing up

If it's showing up in images but not screenshots that does seem to be good evidence it's the display, but it just looks like GPU issues to me

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

If it's showing up in images but not screenshots that does seem to be good evidence it's the display, but it just looks like GPU issues to me

so what do i do?

Hmm... you have the latest drivers and everything? Try using a different output on the GPU.

so what do i do?

Well, I suppose that depends on how often it happens/what causes it.  If you can try a different display on this PC, or try this display on another PC it should give us additional insight into what is actually the issue.

2 minutes ago, Texan_Man said:

no im not at all im running a 1070 and i figured it would be screen because that screenshot was taken with all the fuzz stuff but the screenshot wasnt showing up

Sounds like it could be a monitor issue. Try using the buttons on it to reset it to factory defaults, and see if it works.

Just now, LeinadTM said:

Hmm... you have the latest drivers and everything? Try using a different output on the GPU.

i put it on another display port and it did the same but if i use 60hz it doesnt do that blue stuff

Just now, LeinadTM said:

Sounds like it could be a monitor issue. Try using the buttons on it to reset it to factory defaults, and see if it works.

i reset the stuff on monitor and it fixed it for a couple seconds

i put it on another display port and it did the same but if i use 60hz it doesnt do that blue stuff

It would be an unusual case but I wonder if it's cables.  They could be crapping out, unable to handle the bandwidth of 144 Hz...

It would be an unusual case but I wonder if it's cables.  They could be crapping out, unable to handle the bandwidth of 144 Hz...

i just bought this monitor and the cables were brand new not but 2 weeks ago

1 minute ago, Texan_Man said:

i reset the stuff on monitor and it fixed it for a couple seconds

A couple of seconds? Did anything you do trigger it to go back?

Just now, LeinadTM said:

A couple of seconds? Did anything you do trigger it to go back?

nothing really triggered it but i was playing pubg and then id reset it and then either couple seconds or couple minutes afterwards id go back to weird stuff but it didnt always go blue like the sky would get some yellow rings and then slowly get worse and then do the blue thing

4 minutes ago, Texan_Man said:

Do you have vsync turned on by any chance?

Do you have vsync turned on by any chance?

it has freesync but i turned it off

it has freesync but i turned it off

vsync though, are you using that?

vsync though, are you using that?

honestly idk i built my pc not but 2 months ago im a fast learner but idk

honestly idk i built my pc not but 2 months ago im a fast learner but idk

Check in the settings of the game.  I have a theory, and I bet it's turned on.  I also bet that if you turn it off you'll get these glitches even in 60 hz mode.  and if I'm right, it means it's almost certainly not the monitor.  If I'm wrong though, I don't really have any more ideas...

Check in the settings of the game.  I have a theory, and I bet it's turned on.  I also bet that if you turn it off you'll get these glitches even in 60 hz mode.  and if I'm right, it means it's almost certainly not the monitor.  If I'm wrong though, I don't really have any more ideas...

but it doenst just mess up the game tho it messes up like the whole monitor like chrome and everything

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You mean that the 144hz setting in the Nvidia control panel messes with the in game V-Sync? That would make sense tbh.

@OP, which cable are you using?

but it doenst just mess up the game tho it messes up like the whole monitor like chrome and everything

That is interesting, perhaps I am wrong then :/ 

Just now, MVPernula said:

You mean that the 144hz setting in the Nvidia control panel messes with the in game V-Sync? That would make sense tbh.

No, I suspect that it's a GPU issue but is only presenting itself when it's working hard, and if it's being held back to only run 60 fps that could be hiding the issue.

Just now, MVPernula said:

im using a display port that came with monitor and then i used the regular windows setttings to change it

11 minutes ago, Texan_Man said:

im using a display port that came with monitor and then i used the regular windows setttings to change it

Displayport is good, shouldn't be your problem.

Wait.. Have you installed the drivers for your GPU? 

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That is interesting, perhaps I am wrong then :/ 

No, I suspect that it's a GPU issue but is only presenting itself when it's working hard, and if it's being held back to only run 60 fps that could be hiding the issue.

I suppose.. It's a tricky one, really.

Try using igpu if you have it and see if the issues presist