Netizens Left Embarassed after knowng that they are talking to a Product Manager in Asus Philippines

This post was taken from Facebook group Asus ROG Users Philippines  and posted in public by Jam captioned,

that time when you Fight because you think you are better on  the product, but your fighting with the Country Product manager, So gold.

UPDATE: The story post has been taken down from the Asus ROG Users Philippines 

8.JPG.64b53da4e39dcb77a5ea19e355675b2e.JPG

The story goes from Raymond that he bought the laptop from Benstore whereas  the warranty is covered from Benstore itself. as not an authorized reseller from ASUS, but the game does not end there, the product's warranty is not accepted because of the company benstore is not a part of the authorized resellers,  that causes frank, confusion,  and embarrassment.

59706b486072b_1(1).jpg.6aa0a3fbd593e8525630dca2fbc74727.jpg

In this statement from Joey , the product manager of Asus Philippines states  that Asus has the right to refuse any warranty that was not an authorized re-seller from the company,

however Raymond's statement and defends that  benstore is also a part of an authorized  re-seller . 

"From the post there is a huge misunderstanding in the comment section where  Joey pointed out that a tech company has the right to  refuse the warranty of the product if it is not on the stated authorized re seller that is seen  on the warranty manual itself.

In example is if one  techstore buys the items from amazon the sells it to the consumer but the item that was bought will not be under your name but under that techstore themselves that, this techstore  can give you a warranty from their store. Meaning if you bought from an uauthorized reseller and you send your issues to a service center that is authorized you as the owner of the laptop will be rejected  because the item that has that warranty is the store from where you bought the product that is unauthorized ."

in short term you buy the product from an unknown or local store that the store bought from a e commerce website that means the one who bought the product from e commerce will be under the warranty on the buyer itself including invoice/recipt, Once the person sells that product to you and you purchased the product meaning it's under the person's warranty not the e commerce.

Stating that The company that is not included on the list is an unauthorized  re-seller of Asus ROG philippines . 

Full list of Resellers -> bit.ly/ROGStronghold

Last is the 2 people involved did not know that they are talking to a product manager and later the comments became retarded until the proof was real that the 2 people involved were silent never replied to the event. 

6.jpg.6625195a50318f7c9cacc43d53406b5e.jpg

3.jpg.4c5452badf6e96a53b997a612b03c6d4.jpg5.jpg.5bead63e81653ee92953dddbdff18a5e.jpg

source:

http://www.phtrending.com/2017/07/never-go-full-retard-this-is-what.html

http://www.phtrending.com/2017/07/never-go-full-retard-this-is-what.html

From Asus ROG Philippines according to their statement from their facebook fan page.

"

Calling all citizens of The Republic! The #ROGStronghold has been established and, with this, all citizens can now ensure themselves of the full 2 Year Warranty coverage and support for ROG laptops that come only from buying them from any of the Authorized ROG Resellers nationwide.

The ROG Stronghold includes all branches and subsidiaries of 3GX, Asianic, BCG, Columbia, Complink, Concept Computers, Datacore , Davao FutureBright Enterprise, Denvers, Electroworld, Gigahertz, Graphic All In, PC Worx, JDM, Lenin, MF Computers, Octagon, PC Cartel, PC Corner, PC Express, PC Hub, Silicon Valley, Technomart, TCA, Thinking Tools, Villman, Wow Mobile/PC Market.

Full list of Resellers -> bit.ly/ROGStronghold
You may also visit the Republic of Gamers concept store in SM MEGAMALL, SM NORTH EDSA, SM MALL OF ASIA and SM CITY CEBU for more information. ”

source: 

1 (1).jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

you don't have to capitalize everything. 

okay :) sorry about that

I do not understand what is going on here.  Also you need to clear formatting on the text to make it readable on night theme

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Jeez the english translator had a hard time here.

I don't see how this is news, buy from an authorized retailer or you don't get warranty coverage. Every company does this.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I'm so tempted to call this fake news or better yet just "petty news" because the quoted source can't type legibly and citing Facebook screenshots is more of disseminating hearsay rather than facts lately. I mean, just look from the actual article. Also, I don't see a big issue about this. If you want warranty coverage, just get it from an authorized retailer.

Also OP, you may want to edit out the title as it's all in uppercase.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I clearly understand the situation but its not clear to your explanation  and no need to put all capital letters

6 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'm so tempted to call this fake news or better yet just "petty news" because the quoted source can't type legibly and citing Facebook screenshots is more of disseminating hearsay rather than facts lately. I mean, just look from the actual article. Also, I don't see a big issue about this. If you want warranty coverage, just get it from an authorized retailer.

Also OP, you may want to edit out the title as it's all in uppercase.

I agree but actually i know these persons and yes that happened and i was surprised on what happened because here in the Philippines our problem are some sellers that are unauthorized  they have limited warranty. but i can say a hearsay but it's not a big problem as for me 

2 minutes ago, normsofGTAwars said:

I agree but actually i know these persons and yes that happened and i was surprised on what happened because here in the Philippines our problem are some sellers that are unauthorized  they have limited warranty. but i can say a hearsay but it's not a big problem as for me 

I'm from the Philippines too and I prefer buying computers from legit stores because of the warranty alone. I tend to ignore online resellers. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

I'm from the Philippines too and I prefer buying computers from legit stores because of the warranty alone. I tend to ignore online resellers. 

nice :) 

Netizen is the most retarded word on the planet. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

There's still been no attempt to explain this properly so I guess I'll take a stab and someone can tell me "yes or no" at least... hopefully.

So some guy bought an ASUS thing from an unauthorized retailer, then got into an argument when ASUS wouldn't give him a warranty, and he was arguing with an ASUS employee but didn't realize it?  Is that actually the whole story here?  Because if so that's so not-news it's not even funny.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

There's still been no attempt to explain this properly so I guess I'll take a stab and someone can tell me "yes or no" at least... hopefully.

So some guy bought an ASUS thing from an unauthorized retailer, then got into an argument when ASUS wouldn't give him a warranty, and he was arguing with an ASUS employee but didn't realize it?  Is that actually the whole story here?  Because if so that's so not-news it's not even funny.

I'm just here to watch you kill another thread. Yes I like locked up pixels.

So, if I understand this.....analogy = I bought my new stereo speakers from a guy named "Lefty" who sells things out of the trunk of his car in a back alley, and now I'm upset that the manufacturer won't honor the warranty?   That's just common sense.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

16 hours ago, MadModder said:

So, if I understand this.....analogy = I bought my new stereo speakers from a guy named "Lefty" who sells things out of the trunk of his car in a back alley, and now I'm upset that the manufacturer won't honor the warranty?   That's just common sense.

Nah. The story is more like this.

Lefty sells computer stuff. He has a legit store down the street. He even has a webpage.

Joey enters claiming that Lefty doesn't have a manufacturer warranty but a store warranty.

Raymond enters defending Lefty, claiming that Lefty is legit, and he even got to register his product online for the warranty.

Joey replies how Raymond's warranty would be void because of reasons. Now Raymond looks for proof. Joey retorts, "It's in my name bro"

Of course, Raymond got agitated. I mean, who the f is Joey? [I can't even google the guy.] Together with a random dude, Raymond pulled pics of Joey looking like a goon. Now, Raymond is claiming that Joey is some butt hurt seller who is losing sales to Lefty.

Then some random dudes who are in-the-know drops by, laughs at Raymond for not knowing who Joey is, and calls Raymond a retard for raging and calling Joey a random salesman. I mean, who doesn't know Joey? [Still cant google you Joey]. 

Finally a random dude posts a pic of Joey's calling card with a very small text of his title [I didn't even see his title the first time I read the post]. 

Raymond, who also didn't see Joey's title, maintains his stance that Joey doesn't know anything. Now, Joey could have ended the conversation right then and there by telling Raymond that he is the Country Product Manager. But no, he wanted to play. So he says, "the kid still doesn't get it."

Raymond, continues to call Joey names and stuff.

Another guy enters, posting a proper pic of Joey's calling card. Raymond stops replying. Joey and his peers laugh hard because of what happened. They were probably thinking, "How could they not know Joey? They even called him a scrub salesman".

Long story short, both parties were douches.

As Country Product Manager, Joey could have introduced himself properly. Because seriously, unless you're the CEO of the company, that random dude down the street won't know who you are by name. So Joey, stop being a douche. Act like a freaking Country Product Manager, and be courteous to your clients.

Raymond was also a douchey, but I won't fault him for that. Joey baited him into the situation by saying, "I know what I'm saying and the proof is in my name".

PS. I think Joey got reprimanded for his actions by the company for not acting like a proper employee, a proper representative of the company, and a proper Country Product Manager.

Wait, what? A warranty should be valid independently of the seller. That makes no sense for me, a closed box product is a closed box product: sold by a drug dealer or amazon, its the same thing. 

Ps: didnt read this mess, lol

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

34 minutes ago, Taja said:

Wait, what? A warranty should be valid independently of the seller. That makes no sense for me, a closed box product is a closed box product: sold by a drug dealer or amazon, its the same thing. 

Ps: didnt read this mess, lol

Basically the local company who owns/manages the Asus Philippines wont allow you to claim local warranty because the item was bought from abroad through other channels, not through the Asus Philippines. In short, the goods were smuggled.

You could probably claim warranty but you have to return it abroad. In this case, you have to give it back to Asus USA