Work/Gaming Laptop Suggestion

Hi All, i am currently hunting for a new laptop, as i don't have room for my desktop any more. 

I am looking for a laptop that is primary for Programming, so it needs an I7 quad core, a 1440p or above resolution, and preferred 6+ hours battery life with none gaming work load.

I want to use it for gaming, but i don't game often any more so a 1060 would be fine for my needs.

I was waiting for the new Razer Blade 4k, but it dose not seem like it is ever going to come out, other options i have been the Giagbyte Aero 15, but i can not find any where where the 4k version is sold.

Everything i find is 1080p, so i where hoping to get some suggestions from you guys.

3 minutes ago, KRSogaard said:

new Razer Blade 4k,

avoid razer, so many issues with poor engineering and shitty customer support. 

3 minutes ago, KRSogaard said:

Giagbyte Aero 15,

aero 15 is a good laptop, it has excellent battery life.  

why not go for laptop+desktop? 

Alienware 15 could be a viable option. You can get a 99Wh battery and a 1060 6GB in it with up to an i7-7820HK.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

avoid razer, so many issues with poor engineering and shitty customer support. 

aero 15 is a good laptop, it has excellent battery life.  

why not go for laptop+desktop? 

Yeah it looks good, just cant figure out where the 4k model is sold.
I will not have room for a desktop computer, after i move next moth. I made a deal with my wife either we get a 2 bed room apartment or i get a new gaming laptop :) We deided on the gaming laptop.

Just now, KRSogaard said:

Yeah it looks good, just cant figure out where the 4k model is sold.
I will not have room for a desktop computer, after i move next moth. I made a deal with my wife either we get a 2 bed room apartment or i get a new gaming laptop :) We deided on the gaming laptop.

if you don't game much, why not go for an XPS 15, gtx 1050 should be good enough for most games at decent settings. 

Bump on the XPS 15, the 4K display on that is freaking amazing, and for work it'll be way better than all the other options.  And for casual gaming it's perfectly good.

I would recommend the Alienware 15 but the Kaby Lake refresh isn't as battery life oriented as the Sky Lake version.  I get 8 hours doing normal work stuff with the 6700HQ, 1060 6gb, and the 99Whr battery with the 1080p 60Hz IPS panel.  You can't find a config like that on the new one, the only 1080p panel is 120Hz I believe.

XPS 15 or Aero 15 is my pick.

Forgot to add, my budget is roughly 2500.
Where looking at ROG ZEPHYRUS (GX501), but it is only 1080p :(

yea nothing lasts for that long on battery cept the

Razer Blade 14

Gigabyte 14/15

Alienware 13/15

^ of those the 14in ones are garbarge. So you're left with Alienware 15 and Gigabyte 15. Since you want higher than 1080p, the ONLY option on the market would be something like Alienware 13 (with max optimizations as at stock this thing barely lasts 5 hours) or Alienware 15 4k non gsync 1060/1070. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Alienware offers non-Gsync 4k on their Kaby Lake lineup so you're stuck with either Skylake Alienware 15 or Kaby Lake Alienware 13 R3 optimized to the tits. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p