Ipad how to hard reset

ringo

One of my friend asked me to unblock her Ipad. On ipad screen there is mesage that it is blocked and that I need to connect it to itunes. How to unblock this? On some video I saw that cable is necessary for unblocking, is that true? Friend forgot to leave cable, she lives far so I will get cable only for 4-5 days. Ipad model is A1599.

Is it asking for her itunes password? If so, just have her log in. If it says it requires a computer, you do need to connect it. If you forgot the password I'm sorry to say all of her data is lost, and she needs to hard reset it. But as long as she has her itunes password, she should be able to unlock it. This shows up when you are doing suspicious activities, like transferring a lot of photos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post solved your problem, please press the check below :).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 minutes ago, Saddy said:

Is it asking for her itunes password? If so, just have her log in. If it says it requires a computer, you do need to connect it. If you forgot the password I'm sorry to say all of her data is lost, and she needs to hard reset it. But as long as she has her itunes password, she should be able to unlock it. This shows up when you are doing suspicious activities, like transferring a lot of photos.

Ipad is not asking password, I can`t do anything on screen. She doesn`t have important data, I can wipe all. So cable required or not?

For wiping it? It shouldn't require it. 

Try following this guide.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-restart-ipad-1999820

Please mark this as a solution if it fixed it for you by pressing the check.

6 minutes ago, Saddy said:

For wiping it? It shouldn't require it. 

Try following this guide.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-restart-ipad-1999820

Yes to do a hard reset.

I tryed this on your link:

To perform a hard reset:

Hold down the home and on/off buttons at the same time

Continue holding the buttons even after the slider appears on the screen. The screen will eventually go black

When the Apple logo appears, let go of the buttons and let the iPad start up like normal.

I let go buttons after Apple logo and when system boot again I was welcomed with a message that ipad is blocked - connect to itunes o.O

Just now, ringo said:

Yes to do a hard reset.

I tryed this on your link:

To perform a hard reset:

Hold down the home and on/off buttons at the same time

Continue holding the buttons even after the slider appears on the screen. The screen will eventually go black

When the Apple logo appears, let go of the buttons and let the iPad start up like normal.

I let go buttons after Apple logo and when system boot again I was welcomed with a message that ipad is blocked - connect to itunes o.O

Hmm, what model of ipad do you have?

1 minute ago, Saddy said:

Hmm, what model of ipad do you have?

On the back of Ipad it is written A1599

Try this from TMobiles website:

• Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
  • Hold them both until you see the screen go black.
  • Wait until the white Apple logo appears.
  • When this happens, you can let go and the device will reboot.

3 minutes ago, Saddy said:

Try this from TMobiles website:

• Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
  • Hold them both until you see the screen go black.
  • Wait until the white Apple logo appears.
  • When this happens, you can let go and the device will reboot.

This is the same as method I tryed before :( same result

Cable needed?

Hmm, have you tried going to your local apple genius store if there is one? You may have to connect it with a cable to a computer with itunes after all as this seems it has to go into recovery mode. Sorry I was unable to assist you.

2 minutes ago, Saddy said:

Hmm, have you tried going to your local apple genius store if there is one? You may have to connect it with a cable to a computer with itunes after all as this seems it has to go into recovery mode. Sorry I was unable to assist you.

No sorry, Thank you for answers:) I will than wait for a cable.

One more question. Is Ipad cable compatible with Iphone 4s cable? I think one of my friend have 4s..

I can not say for certain, but if you have one laying around it may work. I looked around and found a bunch of cords saying it is compatible to both the 4s and iPad 1/2/3, but it doesn't say if it is mini or not. If you were thinking of buying it, I would not recommend as it may not work. 

• Heavy-duty conductors to handle charging for iPad 1/2/3, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod nano 5th/6th generations and iPod Touch 3rd/4th generations

23 hours ago, Saddy said:

I can not say for certain, but if you have one laying around it may work. I looked around and found a bunch of cords saying it is compatible to both the 4s and iPad 1/2/3, but it doesn't say if it is mini or not. If you were thinking of buying it, I would not recommend as it may not work. 

• Heavy-duty conductors to handle charging for iPad 1/2/3, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod nano 5th/6th generations and iPod Touch 3rd/4th generations

Somehow I managed to get a cable but when I want it to connect to Itunes so that I can start hard reset I got this message:

error.PNG

How to solve this?

With turning on/off I managed to get into Itunes recovery mode, I have two option, Restore and Update, I tryed both and every time after process is done (15mn) I am restored to desktop with the same message that Ipad is blocked. How to solve this?

To be honest, apple is not my forte, and I am not the best to ask. You may want to start a new thread so more people can help or contact your local apple genius bar or contact apple support https://support.apple.com/contact .