FSB Vs Multiplier Overclocking?

So I'm a bit new to overclocking and a bit confused. I currently have my AMD FX 6300 at 4.6GHz, 1.32v, purely from the multiplier. But I've seen that overclocking via base FSB frequency is better? I tried overclocking via FSB once before to 4.4 I think, i started hitting some crash issues in some games but that may have been video drivers, I'm still not sure. But from that experience i know that i had to keep turning memory clocks and so on down to stay within reason. This is what confuses me, if I'm turning everything else down, are a CPU at 4.6 via FSB and a CPU at 4.6 via multiplier any different in performance?

AMD R5 1600 @ 3.6 GHz // 2x8GB Corsair LPX 3200MHz // Gigabyte Windforce OC 1060 6GB @ 2100MHz // Corsair RMx 650 // Crucial 275GB + Seagate 2TB 7200RPM // NZXT S340 Elite

I donno about BETTER OC from bus speed changes, but it can get you to really dial in a freq. You always use the multi, as the final freq. is bus speed x multi, but that can also affect RAM speed.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, Terra Firma said:

But I've seen that overclocking via base FSB frequency is better?

who said that ? 

the difference is that multiplier overclocking ONLY affects the CPU while fsb overclocking affects the whole mainboard, ram and potentially even cards connected to it, thus fsb overclocking is stressing the whole system much more.

AFAIK it is harder to get a stable fsb overclock because of the many components affected that could potentially cause crashes.

if a multiplier overclock isn't stable it's very likely the cpu 

4 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

that can also affect RAM speed

that's what I'm saying, my RAM isn't necessarily the best, it's a cheap value kit with no heat spreader so i don't want to push it too hard, so if I'm turning everything else down I don't see the difference

3 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

who said that ? 

the difference is that multiplier overclocking ONLY affects the CPU while fsb overclocking affects the whole mainboard, ram and potentially even cards connected to it, thus fsb overclocking is stressing the whole system much more.

AFAIK it is harder to get a stable fsb overclock because of the many components affected that could potentially cause crashes.

if a multiplier overclock isn't stable it's very likely the cpu 

just from research on various forums, trying to learn and understand what I'm doing lmao, i believe as one source was putting it, FX processors have some trouble with memory controllers or something and benefit from FSB overclocks? I don't know

So is there any tangible benefit to either? 

AMD R5 1600 @ 3.6 GHz // 2x8GB Corsair LPX 3200MHz // Gigabyte Windforce OC 1060 6GB @ 2100MHz // Corsair RMx 650 // Crucial 275GB + Seagate 2TB 7200RPM // NZXT S340 Elite