AMD Vega FE, Missed the point ?

ArcThanatos

So after reading some comments across the internet on the New AMD Vega FE, it seems that a vast majority of people are completely missing the point to this card, that or they are hating on it for being either AMD or not a 1080 killer.
Here is just some thing people need to remember, Ryzen is a Jack of all trades. its not a pure gaming, nor work station, video rendering monster, BUT what it is, is a balance, something that can do it all, it can do it all and it does it well, might not be that pure gamer or pure workstation CPU but it does both very well. NOW the Vega is basically that in a GPU, its for BOTH (im stressing the Both here as some people seem to have missed this due to GPU's being either Work station or gaming) workstation AND gaming, now it isn't a bad performing card by no means, it is also a innovative idea. The cost that people are shocked about is simply because of Drivers, Professional Drivers for Workstation application are not cheap, they have to be certified.

now as for the gaming side, yes its not a 1080 killer, nor should have people expected a hybrid card to be that (hybrid i mean gaming\workstation), this card is filling a really interesting area on the market. 

im getting into CAD, i also like gaming. i have a AMD Ryzen R7 1700 mATX setup. now what im moving into on the CAD designing side is basically Engineering. drawing up and designing the house structure. using a Work station card that can do gaming would be very handy, it would only use 2 slots in my rig and i get BOTH workstation and gaming benifits in a mATX build. this card defaintly has a place in this world. and here in Australia its about $1800 to buy one. but if i want a Quadro workstation card (besides it taking up more space in my PC that is barely there) Id be paying upwards of $3500... plus the price of a gaming card. and possibly a larger PSU. 

so rather than expecting this GPU To be the 1080killer people hyped it up to be!. remember this Vega FE is a hybrid of BOTH gaming and workstation an its for the group of people who want to have a workstation and gaming rig, its a great idea, it is also well priced for such a idea and card, AMD is really trying to bring in a great idea alot of people are missing, Workstation\pro grade equipment to the general consumer, it sacrifices a bit of performance to make a great all rounded machine. might not be best in 1 thing, but its good at it all, that is what Vega fe AND the Ryzen (at least the R7 line up) is bringing to the market. 

Vega compared to Ryzen was a failure in my personal opinion, AMD bested Intel beautifully but nVidia is still GPU king. #Volta

My brother uses a Maxwell TITAN X for workstation card and never felt the need for the expensive Quadro ones.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Vega compared to Ryzen was a failure in my personal opinion, AMD bested Intel beautifully but nVidia is still GPU king. #Volta

its not really, the R7 line up is more workstation class, but it handles gaming and all that jazz just fine. it is a beautifully rounded chip. nVidia is a very smart company, staying ahead of the curve by release what is to them, old tech, they do fine tooth comb their stuff, but they don't have a gaming and workstation card, which again is what AMD has done, they are putting both applications onto 1 unit, which is a really good idea. i really do like AMD and i love the innovation they bring, but do i think they will ever top nVidia.. no, nVidia isn't stupid, they don't shit the bed like intel when AMD brings out new things, they put thier heads down, and make fantastic products. ill give them this the idea for nVidias mining cards, fantastic idea. if nVidia does a hybrid card like Vega, yeah it will cost you an arm and a leg, but it would be one hell of a quality product. but for the now. AMD is really doing well bringing both workstation and gaming together. and its actually not what you can call under performing. Vega FE might not monster games, but it was never designed too. the RX vega should handle games alot better, i think it will be around the 1080 mark +/- and well priced, but even if it is, nVidia can just drop Volta. as always thou AMD has always been good for the budget, and now Budget and a broad range of things that the computer can now handle is really good!. 

my annology might not be the best, but you do see where i am coming from. the idea that something can be a jack of all trades and master of none 

1 minute ago, ArcThanatos said:

but they don't have a gaming and workstation card, which again is what AMD has done,

I literally just said the name is TITAN X

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I literally just said the name is TITAN X

well yeah actually true, i did forget about that, ok so i do stand corrected an you are very right, but what is the price on a Titan XP these days ? (pascal not maxwell).

also when ur comment came thru it was only the top half.. not sure if u edited it or i just completely missed it, but yeah oops derp me

12 minutes ago, ArcThanatos said:

well yeah actually true, i did forget about that, ok so i do stand corrected an you are very right, but what is the price on a Titan XP these days ? (pascal not maxwell).

A second hand one goes for around 700~800$ for the 2016 variant

The TITAN Xp (2017) goes for 900$ on ebay last I seen, or you can get a brand new from nVidia for 1200$ which is still a lot less than equivalent performing Quadros.

Iif 12gb of VRAM is enough for your content creation there's no point in not getting the TITAN X since it performs the same as a P6000 GPU wise and that whole deal of "better drivers" is just a marketing scheme in my personal opinion given we never had any driver related issue ever that made us go like "oh boy if only we had a Quadro M6000 instead of the TITAN XM"

Personal Desktop":

well be that as it may, the marketing thing could have something to do with it, but also certifications are never cheap at any rate (more for like high end engineering and design, planes and stuff). in Australia i dare say a Titan XP would be somewhat expensive. but if you are doing that line of work defiantly worth a purchase.
but like i was saying thou, its not like the Vega is a bad card, more people not understanding it is the biggest issue.