My cooler doesn't care about TDP?

Steve_MW
Go to solution Solved by Steve_MW,

Looks like no one has had problems with this specific cooler.

And also to stay safe on the safe side, this card has a TDP of 130W, which i found when i talked to one of the Cooler Master support assistants. 

So in conclusion, the i5 7600k specifies 91W TDP while the Cooler master hyper 103 offers 130W TDP.

Well, while choosing a cpu cooler, one of the most important factors to look upon is the TDP.

So i wanted a cooler for my i5 7600k, and since i kind of am on a budget i decided to go with Hyper 103 (I know, not the best, but budget points to this one.)

So the processor rated TDP is 91W, but my cooler has no information about the TDP.

Is this going to be a big issue ?

Or is there any way to calculate/ know the TDP of the cooler ? 

9 minutes ago, Steve_MW said:

Well, while choosing a cpu cooler, one of the most important factors to look upon is the TDP.

So i wanted a cooler for my i5 7600k, and since i kind of am on a budget i decided to go with Hyper 103 (I know, not the best, but budget points to this one.)

So the processor rated TDP is 91W, but my cooler has no information about the TDP.

Since its Kaby Lake and Dead Inside, i would get something way better than this crapppy cooler

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

3 hours ago, Steve_MW said:

Some manufacturers rate their coolers for certain TDPs, others don't, and others do so depending on the model.

I don't think it would be hard for coolers to get ratings based on standardized simulated heat loads, but there's no such thing at this point. 

So, you are left with cooler reviews and trial and error.

Looks like no one has had problems with this specific cooler.

And also to stay safe on the safe side, this card has a TDP of 130W, which i found when i talked to one of the Cooler Master support assistants. 

So in conclusion, the i5 7600k specifies 91W TDP while the Cooler master hyper 103 offers 130W TDP.

I would recommend TX3 from CoolerMasters cheaper line-up more. Its like smaller 212. But if you have more coolers available, Cryorigs M9i would be among the best budget picks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I would recommend TX3 from CoolerMasters cheaper line-up more. Its like smaller 212. But if you have more coolers available, Cryorigs M9i would be among the best budget picks.

Well it looks that's actually true.