Noctua Redux fan suitable for use on NH-U12S?

just_dave

Hello guys, is Noctua Redux 120mm 1200RPM PWM fan suitable for use on CPU heatsink or should i rather wait for classic NF-F12 in chromax colors? The thing is that Redux has a bit higher Air Flow but half the static pressure on NF-F12.

Thanks!

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Personally I would wait for the NF-F12, better bearing and the higher static pressure, but again I haven't begun building my first rig yet... Looking at the fan it looks to be airflow optimized, based on the blade geometry.

14 minutes ago, WhatPlantsCrave said:

Personally I would wait for the NF-F12, better bearing and the higher static pressure, but again I haven't begun building my first rig yet... Looking at the fan it looks to be airflow optimized, based on the blade geometry.

It is airflow optimized, but the air flow is better by 7 m3/h, thats not really a think, i will wait for the black noctua with the stock poop fan.

You should get the new NF-A12x15. Same performance as two NF-F12s because they're using the new LCP blades.

4 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

You should get the new NF-A12x15. Same performance as two NF-F12s because they're using the new LCP blades.

I will change the fan because of the cancer colors, i want black

As far as I know Noctua has not begun using the lcp material yet, the ones they showed at computex were prototypes still in development.

2 hours ago, WhatPlantsCrave said:

As far as I know Noctua has not begun using the lcp material yet, the ones they showed at computex were prototypes still in development.

The A series 40x20, 120x15, and the 200mm are all LCP, or rather fibreglass reinforced polypropylene and were released back in May. However the rest of the lineup won't be available till second half of 2018 at the earliest from all reports.

24 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

The A series 40x20, 120x15, and the 200mm are all LCP, or rather fibreglass reinforced polypropylene and were released back in May. However the rest of the lineup won't be available till second half of 2018 at the earliest from all reports.

Have to confirn, i wrote them on support and the Chromax shit will be available Q4 2017 and A series freezers H1 2018

1 hour ago, ravenshrike said:

The fiberglass material is not categorized as LCP, Noctua says a Q3/Q4 release for the first LCP fan.

Link:聽http://noctua.at/en/noctua-at-computex-2017